CHAPTER 29

Chapter 29
Eye for an Eye

INFANTA

I met his eyes, my new visitor. By his steps, his name entered my mind instantly. He looks casual and dignified even by merely visiting me. I quickly compose to greet him. "It's fine, sit, my Queen." I smiled a little by his sweet entitlement.

Nothing changed.

"As you wish." I sat by the clinic bed edge, while King Moaz stood with his hands at the back. In every single movement, he made sure he look pleasing as a King as always. In the way he choose his clothes, perfume, brush his hair, word, hold his cup and utensils - everything. Truth, he resembles to be the next King. I could tell since we were never apart. "May I know why did you visit me? The Queen's allies might find out about me."

"No, it's all handled," he assured.

"Right, you're a genius."

He deem at me and grin. "That's music to my ears."

I must admit it. Ang pakikipag-usap kay Moaz sa mga ganitong sitwasyon ay isa sa pahinga ko. Lahat ay tahimik at 'di kailangang may sense ang pinag-uusapan para masabing isang topic. Pag siya ang nandito ayos lang kumalma.

"Would Azrael not search for you? He might think his beloved King is missing."

"Nah, let them. One more thing, you've been here for three days, I should see how Vira fractured you."

I smirked. "She didn't, I just let her."

"Seriously speaking, it's bad."

"Come on, I'm still a pretty face." He did scan my face then smilingly shook his head. It was boyish, and I wanted to comment. Pag ganoon ang kan'yang ngisi alam kong 'di siya naniniwala.

Guys and their meaningful eyes.

"By the way, how was Queen Almira's investigation about your underground battle last week? Did she know?"

"No, and she didn't even mention any of it for the past day, nor meet us for a meeting. Maybe she really had no idea or..." He raised his shoulder playing with the flowers at my vase. "Or something made her mind occupied and dispose the idea of the undergound battle. Let's just be thankful, for great Moaz will not be receiving a whip."

"Lunatic. But... awesome. I won't mind seeing you repeat that."

He paused, he look far away. "You do love seeing me suffer, huh?"

I shrug. "You love seeing me suffer, that's supposed to be my line." His chuckle envelope the whole place, my face still firm in a small smile. If someone heard our conversation, they will not notice the tension. But at the deepest of our eyes' pupil, they could see darkness. Secrets.

"Maybe we love seeing each other suffer."

"Might be the correct idea, Your highness."

Tinungkod niya ang kamay sa lamesa na nasa likod at doon sumandal, sinuri niya ako. Nanatiling nasa harapan ang mata ko. "What were you even thinking when I get in? You look immersed."

"Nothing... much." I stared outside the window. "Just the weather. I wanted to rain..." Yeah... I was just thinking about the dark, dim, gray sky.

Staring at my hand as silence crippled in, Moaz pressed his lips and steady himself. He's leaving. "I'll see you at the HQ by tomorrow, then?"

"I guess later tonight," I corrected and massaged my shoulder. "The doctor said I'm good to go."

The King of White Club flustered a smile. "That's greater news. We'll wait for you."