CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28
Penetrate

ALMIRA

"I can assure that they're still alligned to their posts, your Majesty. The plan is at its best."

Flipping the report paper and hearing those words from Weston did made some impact to lessen the enigma I am into. The pawns are still doing well, same as the officials. Fine, huh? So where? Where am I seeing things wrong? Is it just my hallucinations?

No. I could never go wrong. No matter how twisted things is, the Qeen is still the strongest inside the chessboard. She knows everything.

I pressed my elbow on top of the table, brain calculating things that could go weird or out of our remote. The King's Chivalry is our last weapon to save this generation's crisis. Every pieces should submitted to my authority. My commands. Mine alone.

The owner of the throne should be protected at all cost.

Not even one unworthy soul should go near it.

"May I know what you are worrying, your Majesty?" He questioned. My eyes first landed on the maids at my office. He get what I meant. After signing for them to get out for awhile, I finally breathed more relaxed.

"Tea."

"As you please." I received the cup and inhale the aroma, one sip but nevertheless. The anxiety didn't drift away from me. I sighed and laid it back at the tea plate.

My eyes are awake, means my heart will never feel any comfort. This is the aftermath, I am always nervous.

"How is the private spy and investigator doing about the rebels?" From his folder, he handed me papers that will tell me the reports.

"Your Majesty, the last lead we had told us that their hideout is somewhere located at Peta. But they found no traces, nor people. Some suspects went through interrogation so as torture for them to admit the connection with this rebels. However, they didn't spill anything."

"They tortured them enough?" I sneered at him.

"Yes, as you ordered."

I scoffed. "Evidence?"

"The bodies are disposed in the cleanest way. No trace is found that will involve the palace's name."

"And those who survived?"

"Two person. We have them in the dungeon. We're still waiting for your decision regarding this."

The arrow attack last time on the ball we prepared for the players was a disaster. Many pointed fingers at me for answers on who are those people. What do they want? And lastly... how did they know the in and out? Our workers in the palace are well filtered, anyone who trespass is entitled as treason. They shall face a great consequence.

The attacker is clearly one of our workers in here, it could be anyone. It could still be lurking in one of the dark hallways, and still finding evidences of our crimes or anything that could be used against us royal bloods. Or maybe planning on how to kill me and my pawns. My deduction is even doubled knowing that no workers deserted from their post.

No name was recorded who left that night. And even if you're a great spy or trained assassin, it is impossible to climb our great walls and overpass the high maintenance security we have.

This is my conclusion. The rebel is still inside. One of our way to those alarming rebels is the attacker that night. As long as she or he hasn't still do any escape, the win is on our side.

And I will kill it myself.

I hate intruders. Either big or small, I will dispose the enemy myself. Knowing that it brought nightmares to me for months now due to the threat on my developed game made me eager to kill them. I went too far to fall now. I risked and been leashed by many just for this day to come. Anyone who hinders on my way will turn into ashes. I will make sure they'll regretted the day they utter my name.