CHAPTER 43

Chapter 43
Roses Are Dead

ZENAIDA

I saw how people level up with the help of power and manipulation. At that time, I was still young, but I tried to figure out what makes people faze and fall to the trap of another person.

I was curious. Can meaningful words mixed up with action totaly lure someone?

Inside our clan, the Landermans. We are known for being the only bloodline to think high among all Gredormans. We are born to seek greater knowledge and use it as our advantages. Wisdom to technology and most of all medecine.

But not knowledgeable enough to do what is right.

My father has three mistresses. And all of them are residing at our house. I am the only legitimate daughter that he has. Naging babae pa. Aside from me, he has seven bastards coming from those filthy women.

I grow up with them. I ate with them, I drink what they drink and play what they play. However, things don't really go as you like them. They despise me though I showered them with kindness. They're dying out of jelousy from my inheritance.

And by that, rather to study science and help our clan. They memorize manipulation instead. They drive my father crazy by bad mouthing me.

Nilandi ni Zenaida 'yong tindero.

Nakisiping si Zenaida sa matanda.

Uto-uto ang anak mo.

Like their mothers, they fooled my father and made me dirty in his eyes. I couldn't even believe it, I wanna laugh so hard remembering their eyes fixed at me and pointing nonsense. Half of me was mad — but the other half was amused.

Oh come on, bakit hindi?

Tingin ko matalino ang mga anak sa labas na 'yon.

Because they outsmart me. While I am reading books and trying my best to discover cure for dying people, those bastards with just a little amount of make up words, they have won my father's heart.

Manipulations

After cruelty totally corrupted my mind, I burn all other books and fave my way into immerging my wisdom aboutk that.

Indeed, words are powerful. If you could hear them, you will believe them. They will drive your head crazy, and hurt your heart. Then... completely chain your soul.

So I decided to make it my friend.

Maybe hell has a brighter future for me, don't they think?

Besides, demons are better than people.

Ah! Another funny thing are the two behind this shelf. I stern my lips keeping my cool, slowly I walk toward and fixed my eyes at the spaces of the books.

I saw them still talking about future. Bakit ba ang tagal ng pag-uusap nila? Nakakaistorbo, ayoko sa lahat ang naiistorbo pag nagbabasa.

"Victoreigna Fierdon, be my Queen."

Nagporma ng O ang bibig ko at tumango-tango. At the end, doon naman pala ang bagsak nila. Well, apparently I am not shock in any way, that's a common knowledge inside this Palace. Owinis' eyes always shimmer whenever he sees this woman.

I bit my lip, it's getting interesting.

"You will be a great King..."

"I know and—"

"But..." She sounds defensive, that's new. "I will not be a great Queen."

I rest my back at the shelf, I continue reading as I listen. How I wonder how this end?