t w o

Once leaving the disheveled man, the trio carried on their walking- finally having their destination when seeing a group of more men in suits and peaky hats.

"I took a look at the place, and I do like it", her father said, hearing the confidence in his voice.

He spoke to the unknown man who seemed to be having a drink within the early hours of Birmingham through a flask.

He looked immensely empty, she could see his pain, she could see within those deep blue ocean eyes that he has sank to the bottom; drowning in silence.

She could sense the danger he brought with him wherever he went- this intriguing her, "I like the silver, with it being sailed away on those boats of yours", she loudly stated looking at the two men who stood before them.

The man with the mustache furrowed his brows at her, grunting at the comment, "How much?" Her father asked once again.

The male shook his head, bringing his half smoked cigarette to his dry lips, "Nothing is for sale Mr. Gold", even his voice left a lingering coldness within the air.

She smiled when her dad responded to the comment, once again remaining as persistent as usual to try get something she couldn't understand the point of.

However, she did not expect her dad to throw his tea into the fire, this earning a chuckle from her and Bonnie, "You tell Mr. Strong I am going to buy his yard"

She knew he wouldn't give up, and neither would the so called Mr. Strong- already knowing how this could end.

"I'm afraid it's been in his family since they settled." Spoke the blue eyed man once again, eyeing all three of the family members.

Jessy took this as her chance to step up, "We have made it part of our deal."

The words she spoke were so soft, yet she grounded them in certainty- knowing she will always get what she wants in the end.

Before she knew it the man who she learned was named Charlie was stood with them- rubbing his dirty hands.

"Charlie, we are going to spin a coin for your yard." The man who she assumed was Mr Shelby spoke- never taking his eyes of the three of them.

The man was clearly frustrated with this decision, "If it's heads, Abbie here takes all this with my blessing", he states.

Jessy could feel the smile that came on her face at hearing her dad being referred to as 'Abbie', she knew from then on she herself would call him that.

Mr Shelby suddenly walked closer to the trio, "But, if it's tails. I get to fuck your daughter Mr Gold", his statement coming out with no hesitation.

Jessy's jaw clenched as she felt her hand twitch, wanting to reach for her gun at the comment this stranger just made.

Her father, looked back at her; getting her brother to help his daughter to ignore the degrading chuckles that came from those around.

Mr Shelby was seemingly a very cocky, yet intellectual individual who she knew would never risk such important matters on the fate of a rusty coin.

"I've heard you only have one daughter, Jessy. I heard she was pretty- I'm guessing that it is you?", he rhetorically spoke to the brunette, a twinkle of excitement in his own eyes.

He walked even closer, flipping the coin into Aberama's hand- watching she saw her father dare to test his chances as his tossed the coin between his fingers. 

"I want to make her",said Mr Shelby pointing towards the only female there, "Part of the deal- go on flip the fuckin' coin Mr Gold" he dared.

She stared at them all, her brother coming up behind her and placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Before she knew it Aberama was chuckling like a little boy who kissed a girl for the first time, this not only offending Mr Shelby- but confusing her and Bonnie.

The man shook his head, looking to the person next to him for a second, "No. Don't think this is a fucking joke" he strongly protested, "A coin toss is sacred isn't it Arthur?" Questioned the man.

The male named Arthur replied with a rough 'yes' and a hum, seeming like a parrot for Mr Shelby's bidding.

"You see Mr Gold, you have witnesses-as do I if you flip the coin.",he was eggy her father on- wanting to get a rise.

"And if you flip that and I win, well we will insist that the terms of this agreement," he paused before looking at Jessy up and down, "Are fulfilled".

Just as she thought he was going to flip the coin he spoke, "Tommy Shelby, OBE. No wager today." He confirmed.

She let out a breath she didn't realise was trapped within her lungs, "But with this penny I will buy a flower to put on you grave.", he stated, placing the coin into his pocket.

This comment stirring up more tension, "Don't disrespect my friend, or the value of their property." Strongly spoke Tommy.

Jessy scoffed at the comment earning a raised brow from all males, "It stinks of shit anyway" she harshly spoke, spitting at the shoes of Mr Shelby before finally saying, "Disrespect me again to my family, I will cut you with the blade from your own fucking hat."