t h i r t e e n

The whiskey swirled in the brunettes glass, her stomach running in circles already from the nervousness.

Jessy was waiting for Luca Changeretta, the fancy bar being the perfect open spot for Finn and his brothers to keep an eye on her.

A slightly warm, soft hand was placed on her back, slowing being ran to her waist, "hello Miss Gold."

The mans voice was odd, with an accent that was completely foreign to the gypsy girls ears, "I heard you want something from me."

Tensing, she turned to the Italian, "I want to switch sides", Luca chuckling at this, "Tommy isn't treating me fairly, not letting me have my own life- I want to be my own woman Luca."

The brown haired male looked surprisingly towards the woman as she softly places her hand onto his.

He could smell her sweet, subtle perfume that had hints of lavender.

Luca adored her from the moment her saw a picture of her weeks ago, he adored the ways she looked perfectly kept, her nails always being perfectly red.

"Hypothetically, if you were to come to us, what could you offer. Tell me all your pretty little secrets." He sickly smiled

Jess felt nauseous at the thought of betraying Finn and his brothers, "I can tell you the coppers on their payroll, tell you all about the betting dens.", she bribed.

The brunette was desperate for this night to go well with the Italian, if it didn't Tommy's plans wouldn't succeed.

"Hmm, that does seem useful." He spoke, placing his hat onto his head, "but I need to consult with my family, communication and trust is everything to me."

Luca downed his drink as Jessy watched him walk away, Finn looking like he was going to burst out his seat.

Downing her own drink, she placed her coat upon herself as she headed for the doors, wanting to leave the stuffy place and feel the cold on her cheeks.

-

Once arriving home, Jessy felt exhausted from the tasks Tommy had been asking her for.

Taking off her jewelry, the door could be heard opening, "it's just me Jess.", spoke the peaky blinder from down stairs.

"In my bedroom!", she shouted back as she took off her ear rings; feeling a weight being lifted off her.

Finn was stood leaning again the door frame as Jess looked at him, a cigarette being perched between his lips.

He looked almost perfect, besides the frown on his face, "what's wrong Finny?", asks his girlfriend, sitting on the bed and patting a seat for Finn next to her.

"I just, I didn't like him touching you. Arthur has been takin the piss out of me since you left.", his voice softened as he felt sadness and embarrassment sink into him.

Jessy sighed, she had told everyone to stop teasing Finn, explaining again and again to the Shelby family; especially Arthur.

The older man and younger woman had seemed to get on like a house of fire- both loved alcohol as much as each other.

But she still would never let anyone talk bad about Finn.

"Finn. Luca Changareta is a spineless man, who could never make me feel the way you make me" she reassured.

Finn blushed at his girlfriends sweet words, not being familiar with having anything good said about him or to him.

He was used to being told off for anything he did. Arthur would simply shout at him for drinking more than mild alcohol.

"I know you say that. But even Arthur said he's a man, and that I'm not. I'm a fuckin boy. They want me to be John." He scoffed, throwing his cigarette into her small fire.

The gypsy girl groaned, sitting herself on the gingers lap, looking into his eyes, "you are a fucking man. Stop listening to your piss head brother and listen to yourself."

"As well as all that I've said, you not being John isn't a bad thing. You are better than John, and they need to understand you are you" she reasoned.

Finn had never seen her care so much for his emotions, she often hugged him and he left, but now she's helping him.

Finn smiled up at her, placing his cold lips onto her warm ones- feeling all his anxiety flood out of him.

The two of them kissed for what felt like forever, both being too nervous to make the first move.

The ginger slipped off his girlfriends dress, feeling the softness of her skin, "you're perfect.", he complimented, his voice being muffled as he nuzzled into her neck.

Jessy giggled at the tickling feeling, "Finn please." She whispered into his ear, not knowing for once in her life, how she should articulate her words.

Finn needed no more encouragement as he laid his beautiful girlfriend on the small, but big enough bed.

The night they spent together was more memorable and passionate than either could explain- being in each others arms till the sun rose.