t w e n t y f o u r

Thomas Shelby stood with his brother Arthur as they waited for Jessy to leave the flat, "she's not gonna like this Tommy."

Said man just sighed, his head falling back at what his brother said, "No Arthur. She won't." He spoke.

It remained silent between the two Shelby brothers.

But then the gypsy woman turned round the corner, strutting her heels as she approached the men.

"So, what do you want from me now?", she joked. The glare the blued man gave her was something she didn't miss.

Arthur put his arm around her, earning a light laugh from the woman, "C'mon kid, let's go drink."

-
The duo made it to The Garrison, pushing their way through the bodies of men and eventually the doors to the private small room.

Arthur was off his rocket, Jessy instantly knowing he was in snow, "sit down Arthur you mad fuck!", She shouted, laughing so hard he chest hurt.

The man smiled down at her, "you know Jessy." He said, pausing to pat her leg, "you remind me of my little brother John."

The brunette raised her brow at the compliment, she had heard such interesting and funny things about John.

Her favourite stories were often the ones of when John wasn't married to his now widowed wife Esme.

Polly would talk for hours about how his kids would run him around in circles up- making her laugh even more when she said that it didn't get any better when the couple had even more children.

Jessy smiled widely at the older man, "thank you Arthur, that's the best thing I've ever heard" she joked.

Arthur smiled back, a grin shaping his face, "I can't believe I'm saying this but you probably out drink him too."

She suddenly felt proud, she knew that John loved his drink and would often spend all his time in the pub.

However, he did stop smiling as he looked to her, "about the whole Billy Boy shit. Jessy we need to work with them to make business deals."

Jess' buzz was ruined, she thought Arthur wanted to spend time with her like they didn't moths prior to her brothers death.

Now she knew exactly what he wanted, and she knew it was all Thomas' idea, "are you taking the piss Arthur!" She shouted.

Standing up she stared him down, "did you even want to talk spent time with me? Was this all Tommy's idea?"

Her questions were frustrating Arthur, his hand squeezing around his whiskey glass till it eventually smashed- catching her attention.

"Jessy, you need to understand me. We have to do this to take him down. Tommy said so."

Looking at her, Arthur was for the first time in a long time scared of a woman- the last time being when he woke Polly up early.

Jessy just sighed, seeing the regret in his eyes, "it's okay Arthur, I'll speak to Tom soon about it- but tonight, we drink!" Shouted Jess.

Arthur smiled widely as he threw his arms up in the air, being happy to have his friend in a good mood once again.