f o u r t y t w o

'The saddest thing about betrayal, is that it never comes from your enemies.'

Jessy ran down the hallways of the old building, looking for Thomas Shelby.

The woman was scared, she had a feeling of worry settling in her stomach since the men left.

"Thomas! Thomas!", she shouted, her heard spinning as she looked around.

She couldn't find him.

But she chose to follow the sounds of Mr Mosley, she knew he was giving a speech to his fascist party.

She hated the man and everything he stood for, watching him as he gave him speech didn't change that.

Standing by the back door she watched on as Thomas appeared not too far from her, a look of worry plastered on his face.

She followed the mans eyes, noticing the sniper not too far from her. "What the fuck is he doing?" She asked herself.

She knew Thomas had something planned, she saw them all unpacking a large amount of guns just before they had left.

Now she understood why the Thomas had taken Barney out of the place he came from- putting two and two together, she realized he was going to assassinate Mosley.

It was Jessy's time to have a look of worry on her face, quickly she looked around the large room to see if Finn or her father was there too.

She couldn't see them so she chose to look in the rooms that were in the hallways.

Running down the empty hallways she finally reached a door that was unlocked, "finally!", she shouted in relief. 

Making her way towards the telephone that sat in the room she tired to remember the number for Finn's office in the betting den.

Completely forgetting to lock the door.

Picking up the telephone she soon remembered, dialling her husbands number.

She heard it ring out four times till he answered, "hello?", he asked- confused as to who would call as such a time.

"Finn!", she shouted, "Finn it's me, somethings wrong I can see it on Tommy's face!" 

Finn felt sick to his stomach, "why the fuck are you there!" He shouted back.

He had told his wife to remain with Polly till the whole thing had blew over- stating that no one could be trusted, and that no one was safe.

"I'm sorry I am," she pleaded, "I just needed to know my dad was okay."

Finn's anger softened at the comment, Jessy's head soon snapping to the door as she heard it be abruptly opened.

A man who she could only guess worked for Mosley walked in, a gun in one hand.

"Finn, I-I have to go." She stuttered out, her breathe catching and making her stutter.

"What! What's happening Jessy!" He shouted back, anxiety lacing his voice.

All he heard back was a thud, the sound of the telephone being dropped.

Jessy had been pinned to the wall, receiving a punch from the man, "get off!", she shouted.

Kicking the man in his balls, she ran for the door only to be grabbed by the ankle, "Finn! Finn get Thomas!" She shouted to the telephone.

Finn wasn't hearing a word she was saying, having already left in a sprint to the building- dropping the phone to his desk.

Jessy could feel tears swell in her eyes as the man beat her to a pulp, kicking her in the stomach.

She could only do nothing when he stood over her, placing his hand around her throat as he crushed the life out of her- as he crushed her throat.

Jessy tried to scream, her vision growing dizzy as she felt the her hands go limp,"Finn.", she croaked out.

She couldn't help but let all of her tears flow down her now bright red face, stinging the cuts that littered it.

In that moment all she could do was silently pray that someone would come in right then and there.

Eventually her strength gave out.

Her eyes remained open as she drew her last breath- a single tear falling from her lifeless eyes; staring at the man.

In that moment, she drew her last breath. Just minutes before her father did too.