t w e n t y t w o

Arriving home was something Jess was more than nervous for. She had spoke to Ada and Polly all night about anything and everything- the three women had laughed and laughed until the sun came up.

The three of them had slept for the remains of their morning; waking up to the loud soud of Ada's telephone ringing- her baby sitter asking if she is needed.

Polly and Jess both left soon after, assuming that Polly would be going to Tomas', she chose to get th train home- alone.

Walking through the front door of Finns flat she could smell a cigarette that had been lit, small laughter could be heard from one of the back rooms, the door was slightly ajar as the gypsy woman walked towards it.

The scene in front of her was something she would never forget, Finn and Isaiah were playing cards with Michael- snow covering the table as they all laughed loudly.

"Jessy!"

Looking for the one that shouted her name, her eyes soon fell on Isaiah who was almost falling out of his chair.

Walking up to the trio she sat on Finns lap, placing a soft kiss to his cheeck; much to his surprise, "when did you get back?" he asked, putting a card down on the snowy table.

Jess was guessing he was winning at the look on both Michael and Isaiah's faces, "youre taking the piss!", shouted thew scouser, throwing his head back in frustration.

Laughing, she finally answered her fiance, "Just now" she planly stated, "I got the train back and came straight home"

Offering her a cigarette, Finn couldnt help but smile. He couldn't be more grateful for her coming home, knowing she still thought of the flat as her home- with him.

-
Soon enough it was all three of them playing cards together, Jess had however chose to take away the snow from the men- this earning a groan in return, "it's for your good, stick to the ciggs" she would say, not wanting to hear anything more from the three suited men; who she thought all seemed to act like children who dropped a sweet on the way home.

As well as this, the gypsy woman couldnt believe she was winning. She had beaten her family at games like pocker, but she hadn't played in so long that she thought she would have forgotten all her tricks.

"I won!" she shouted, clapping and laughing in all their face.

Finn held her waist, squeezing in encouragement for her to carry on cheering, "how do you keep winning?", asked Michael.

"well", placing her arms on the table she looked at the three of them, "you all have a tell. Michael's is that he squints when he had a bad card, its quite funny actually"

she soon pointed at Finn, "you squeeze my waist or play with mt fingers" she chuckled, this causing a blush to rise to Finns cheeks.

Isaiah sat waitingly for his turn, "and me?" he asked impatiently to the woman who was a year older than him, "oh, you just throw a mini tantrum" she laughed.

The peaky blinder stood up in defence, "no I fucking don't!" he defensively shouted at them all, "you do!" she carried on, "you sight and throw your head back its like the mini tantrums Bonni used to throw when I'd eat his apple"

The four of them laughed at the statement, soon forgetting it all and playing more games till they all fell asleep around the table, Jessy forgetting she didnt lock the door.