Chapter 64-With Him Again

After Harry and I rejoined the party, we couldn't quite enjoy it considering the conversation we had just overheard. I went to bed that night with the words replaying. Draco didn't sound like he had any regret in his voice.

Hermione wasn't coming with Harry, Ron, and I to the burrow. Her parents were going on a ski trip and she asked to go along since she didn't want to be with Ron.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" I asked her as we picked our belongings for the holidays.

"One hundred percent." she said. "Are you excited?"

"Very." I laughed. "I can't wait to see him."

"I bet." she smiled.

We finished packing our belongings and made our way down to the common room. When we go there, we spotted Harry third wheeling Ron and Lavender. I heard Hermione mutter something under her breath and then Lavender started coughing, causing her and Ron to break apart from their snogging session.

"Nice." I said to her.

"Oh, hey." said Harry.

"Hi Harry." I said. "Wanna come with us?"

"Where to?"

"Somewhere and nowhere." I said.

"Later Ron." he said and he made his way over to us.

"Have fun you two." I said and Ron gave me a pleading face.

We walked out of the common room and roamed the halls for a while as we talked and laughed. Harry and I had agreed to not tell Hermione what we overheard since she would shut us down. We passed by some portraits that greeted us and made small conversation with us. We walked around for a while and then went back to the common room.

"It's almost time to go, isn't it?" asked Ron as all of us, except Hermione, sat in the common room.

"Not yet." I said. "We've got another hour."

"Blimey." he sighed.

- - - - -

"Are you sure you don't want to sit with us?" I asked Hermione as I stood at the doorway of her separate compartment.

"I'm sure." she said again. "I don't want to be with Ronald for hours."

"I would really like to stay with you, but i've really got to talk to Harry." I said as I gave her an apologetic look.

"No worries." she smiled. "I'm sitting with the Patil twins and Katie."

"Alright. I'll see you later."

I made my way over to our compartment and took a seat besides Harry. Him and Ron were talking about Quidditch while I was gone, so I joined in. After a while, Harry started reading through his potions book.

"I'm still wondering who the prince is." I said.

"Me too." he said.

"How crazy would it be if it was a teacher?" laughed Ron.

"Imagine it being Snape." I laughed.

"Speaking of Snape." said Harry. "Last night, y/n and I eves dropped on Snape and Malfoy..."

"And we heard some very surprising things." I said.