Chapter 2- Journey To The World Cup|edited|

It had been a couple weeks since I had arrived at the burrow and I had been loving every minute I've been here. I had grown extremely close to everyone. Especially Hermione and Ginny. I wasn't as close to them like how I was with Fred and George though. Despite the fact that I was two years below them we were still in a tight bond.

I found myself growing quite fond for Fred, but I tried not to. It would never work out. I brushed the thought of him and me ever being a thing and enjoyed the moments we had together with the rest of the group. The world cup was tomorrow and I was now lying in bed awake thinking of Fred. I couldn't sleep so I headed downstairs.

"Hello love." a voice said as I was headed down the stairs. I was startled a bit but when I looked behind me I saw none other than Fred himself.

"Fred you scared me." I whispered as I continued down the stairs. We were now sitting on the counter.

"Can't sleep?" he asked.

"No, you?"

"No not really." he said. "Just thoughts rummaging through my head."

"Oh, same thing with me."

"And what are your thoughts?" he asked with a slight smirk.

A blush was wanting to creep up my face onto my cheeks but I flushed it away. I couldn't tell him that I had been thinking about him. That would be awkward.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I joked. "It's just things. Nothing important. What were you thinking about?"

"A girl, from school."

I raised my eyebrows in a reading way to tease him. I felt quite disappointed at his answer. It's clear he has his eyes on someone now.

"Oooo Fred's got someone he fancy's." I said in a sing song happy tone.

"Yeah she's quite fun."

"I'm glad she makes you happy." I said. "Does she fancy you?"

"Great question y/n. I should try to ask her out someday when we go back to school."

"Yeah you definitely should." I said with the best smile I could put out there. I let out a small sigh and hopped off the counter. "I'm going off to bed now. Goodnight Fred."

I began to walk away when I felt a hand grab my wrist softly. I turned to look back and met his eyes.

"Wait I want to show you something."

He led me out the back door and onto the side of the burrow where he moved some vines away to reveal stairs. He climbed and gestured me to follow. I followed and we reached the roof after climbing for a bit. The scenery was breathtaking.

"Wow it's beautiful" I said. "How often do you come up here?"

"Once or twice a week, mostly when I need to be alone for a moment."

"It's a nice spot."

"I come up here alone so keep it a secret." he said while laughing a little.

"My lips are sealed." I said as I pretend to zip my lips.

I began to finally feel sleepy so Fred and I headed back inside. I stopped in front of my door to open it quietly when Fred called out to me. I turned around quickly and when I looked up I realized how closes our faces were. A blush crept onto my cheeks. Good thing it was dark enough to hide it. I cleared my throat and backed away a little.

"Yes, Fred?"

"I had a nice time tonight. You're nice to talk to."

"I had a nice time too Fred. Goodnight."