Chapter 10

---------------- Chapter 10 ---------------

After about 2 weeks of training and preparing for the sports festival. The day finally arrives and all the classes come to the arena to set up. As we are preparing for the festival to start Todoroki starts a fit of declarations of war and Kirishima tries to calm him down which doesn't work which causes other people in the class to do the same. 

I sit next to Bakugo and watch the declarations of war play out while rolling my eyes. 

We walk to the field of the arena to start the event and the representative for our class turns out to be Bakugo. He simply states "I just wanna say, i'm gonna win" everyone shouts at him and he just puts up a thumbs-down. He walks back down the steps and towards me as everyone gives him death glares. 

The first challenge gets selected and everyone lines up at one of the entrances to the arena to go out to the obstacle course. 

The race starts and Todoroki freezes the entire hall. I manage to escape by starting off as a pearly white dragon and speeds above everyone and around to the first obstacle which are the robots from the entrance exam that most of my classmates took.

 Todoroki freezes one of the robots but its clearly unstable so it falls and I push it a bit so it stays put. I look ahead and see Todoroki, Bakugo, Kaminari, and a few others ahead of me. Thinking logically they will take around the top 40 for the 2nd challenge, so I stay above the top 40 but as I get to the valley with some pillars I  jump down to the pillars bellow and travel across those staying in the middle of the pack.

I hear a loud explosion from in front of me and see the minefield, I notice i've fallen back a bunch of slots and fly across the minefield and end up making 10th place. I look up at the screen which has people's scores and see Midoryia in 1st, Todoroki 2nd, and Bakugo in 3rd.

 I smile and go find Bakugo who is sulking about not beating Midoryia. "Oi Bakugo" "what do you want" "good job on 3rd!" I smile at him which he sighs and I sit next to him "yeah of course I placed in the top 3, if only shitty Deku didn't use his shitty brain.."

I nod and sit in a comfortable silence and as everyone makes it back Midnight announces the scores for everyone. Midoryia being in first place put a huge target on his back since he was awarded 1 million points. Everyone walks around to find their team for the cavalry battle and I notice Bakugo already has his team set so I go find another team. 

I join Kendo's team and become friends with them. we race around trying to get people's headbands and we end up with 225 points, and we end up not making it to the 3rd challenge but we decide to hang out later. 

"Thanks for letting me be on your team" I say while bowing. "oh its no problem, its kinda nice to know that not everyone is 1-A is loud and obnoxious." Kendo says as me and her walk back to the stands. "heh well its mainly all the guys except shoji he's the most quiet one, and Sato, Tokoyami, and Koda are all quiet as well so its nice to have them not be loud all the time." "haha I know what you mean, Monoma is constantly trying to get under you all's nerves." She says and then we say bye and walk to our separate stands sections. 

As everyone gets ready for the 3rd battle we all watch the matches go by, until the Bakugo vs Uraraka battle. People start yelling at Bakugo to stop toying with her, but that's clearly not what he's doing, he's being strategic and somehow doesn't notice Uraraka touch all the pieces of the broken stage and floating them up. She releases them and Bakugo uses a huge explosion to get rid of the falling cement. Bakugo wins after Mr. Aizawa shuts the people who were trash talking Bakugo up. 

The matches continue:

Round 1

Midoryia vs Shinso: Midoryia

Todoroki vs Sero: Todoroki

Kaminari vs Shiozaki: Shiozaki

Iida vs Hatsume: Iida

Ayoyama vs Ashido: Ashido

Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu: Tokoyami

Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu: Kirishima

Bakugo vs Uraraka: Bakugo

Round 2

Todoroki vs Midoryia: Todoroki

Iida vs Shiozaki: Iida

Tokoyami vs Ashido: Tokoyami

Kirishima vs Bakugo: Bakugo

Round 3

Todoroki vs Iida: Todoroki

Bakugo vs Tokoyami: Bakugo

Round 4

Bakugo vs Todoroki: Bakugo

After the matches Todoroki, Tokoyami, and Bakugo who is strapped up against a cement block with chains are on 3 podiums. All Might comes out and looks hands each student their medal, Bakugo refuses to accept the medal but All Might gives it to him anyways. 

Everyone gets dismissed for the day and Amaya runs up to me and hugs me "ack too tight...cant breathe..." she lets go of me and smiles "sorry, sorry, you did so good hun, i'm so proud!"