Chapter 16

Techno started to breakdown. His knees gave out and he fell to the ground, almost hitting the daisy. He buried his face into his hands.

Tommy felt bad as he watched the General break down below him. This was the first time he had ever seen Technoblade cry. It was so new to see this. Even the guards didn't know what to do.

"I'm...I'm so sorry." Techno said, trying to wipe away his tears, but it wasn't working.

Tommy knelt down and tried to comfort him. "You're ok, Techno. You don't have to be sorry."

"It-it's my fault that I couldn't save her in time." Techno cried. "I tried to save her, but I couldn't. I was too late. It was all my fault."

Tommy didn't know what to say. Of course it wasn't Techno's fault that his mother died. His mother decided her own fate. But yet he still blames himself. He blames that he couldn't get there on time.

"I made a promise to protect them, and now...they are both gone." Techno said with a broken voice. "Then, I almost lost you."

Tommy was taken aback by that. Technoblade was so broken and hurt. He was supposed to be the strongest one here, yet he is still human.

Tommy grabbed the crying General and pulled him into a large hug. "It was never your fault."

Tommy could feel all the guards around looking at them. He could feel their eyes all staring at the two on the ground. None of them wanted to get close. None wanted to make the General break more.

Technoblade hugged the boy as well. This was the first time he had ever felt the warmth in a long while. He forgot how much he missed it.

"H-how can you forgive me?" Techno asked Tommy. "I have failed your parents. I had almost failed you."

Tommy smiled. "You never failed my parents. I bet they know that you tried very hard to save them both, especially mother."

Techno could feel a pressure behind his eyes. "How would you know?"

"I may have never met them, but I do know that they cared for everyone in the kingdom. I believe that they forgave you a long time ago." Tommy said.

Technoblade didn't respond.

He still never forgave himself at all. Even though everyone has forgiven him, Techno still can't.

Tommy tried to think of something to say. When he opened his mouth to speak, nothing came out. His mind didn't want him to talk.

The feeling of emptiness still roamed around Tommy. Although the hug may be warm, it still wasn't hot enough to get rid of the coldness in his heart.

No, I have to keep on fighting. Tommy told himself. I can't hurt Techno more, or even the entire kingdom. I can't let go just yet.

Tommy knew he couldn't let go. Dream may be stronger than him, but he knows better than that. He can't leave the same way his parents did. However...those dreams...did Dream kill them both?

That question rung through the prince's head. The way they died was connected to those dreams. Was that the last thing they say before they died? Did they both not actually wanted to die?

Before Tommy could think any further, the sound of flapping came from above them. Everyone in the garden looked up to see Philza flying down towards them. He landed softly on the ground and saw that Technoblade was crying.

Once Techno seen Phil, he wiped away his tears and stood to attention. His eyes were still a little bit red and puffy. He was supposed to be strong and not show any emotion.

"Mate, what's wrong?" Philza asked as he walked over and put his hands on Techno's cheeks.

"I-I told Tommy the truth." Technoblade said.

Phil looked down at Tommy. The prince quickly looked away.

"Are you gonna be ok?" Phil sighed.

"You know what, I will." Techno smiled.

Technoblade and Phil both looked down at Tommy. Tommy didn't like the fact of so many eyes on him. It felt wrong for him to even be here. Everything felt bad or like he was doing something wrong.

When Tommy looked back up, in the corner of his eye he saw a familiar man. He looked over to the doors and saw Dream standing there. The smiling white mask covered his face, a light green glow coming from behind it.

Tommy stepped back and didn't know what to do. His body shook with fear. Techno and Phil were asking if he was ok, but their voices were so faded. Everything around turned blurry and the only thing in focus was Dream.

With a voice only loud enough for Tommy to hear, Dream spoke. "So, you still ready to learn your fate?"