Chapter 14

Awesamdude didn't want to let go of Tommy. He felt very bad for getting mad at him. This hug was the one thing to show that he was sorry.

The sound of knocking came at the door. They both loosened the hug to look on who started to come in.

Ponk opened the door and saluted to the both of them.

"Captain, Prince Tommy, Technoblade insists that Tommy comes meet him in the garden." Ponk spoke, blushing when he noticed Sam.

Tommy let go of Sam. "I'm coming."

Sam grabbed Tommy's arm. "Let me come with you."

Tommy stared up into his eyes. He saw that he looked very scared for his well being. Sam wasn't ever gonna let Tommy out of his sight now.

"Y-you can." Tommy answered, taking his arm out of Sam's tight grip.

The young prince got out of the Captain's grip and walked over to Ponk. Ponk bowed down and let Tommy walk past him. Captain Sam followed anxiously behind.

Wilbur and Ranboo must've left since they weren't anywhere in sight. The two guards, that were waiting out in the hall, saw that Ponk and Sam were with the prince; so they left to go to different positions. Tommy didn't really want to be with the two lovers behind him.

As Ponk walked beside Sam, he couldn't stop glancing or even stop blushing at the tall hybrid. They had always wanted them to be together, but it was hard to do when they are sole protectors to the heir in-front of them. With the coronation coming up, their duties would rise. Bad things always happen whenever everyone is in one place.

As they got closer to the garden, Tommy's mind drifted to that dream. Why did he hold that cup of poison? Why did they call him Queen?

Is that how...no mother couldn't have died that way...but did she? Tommy thought to himself. Maybe Techno will know the truth. Yeah, he knows everything!

—-

When they got to the garden, the guards opened the door for the three. The huge granite walls, that surrounded the garden, hung very high and tall. Flowers sprouted throughout the opening and a willow tree sat in the middle. The Queen has always loved to come here and take care of the flowers.

Techno stood next to the willow, staring up at the gentle leaves swinging in the breeze. His long pink hair was loose and swung with the leaves as well. He looked to be thinking to himself. For he was deep in thought.

"You asked for me." Tommy said, walking over to the half piglin.

Technoblade turned to meet Tommy standing there. He noticed that Tommy had on his crown and clothes, from yesterday. The boy hasn't changed his clothes yet.

Techno slightly giggled. "You wear your crown, but still have on your clothes from yesterday."

Tommy looked down at the clothes he wore. "I didn't have time to change them. W-Wilbur was with me."

Techno's small smile went away. He knew that Tommy didn't want to talk about what happened last night. Techno turned back and looked back up at the tree.

"It's gentle in the breeze, but in the storm, it stands strong and can take on anything thrown at it." Technoblade said. "You ever wonder how it stays strong?"

Tommy looked up at the tree and spoke. "I mean it's trunk is very strong and it learns to stay strong throughout everything."

Technoblade looked back down at Tommy and smiled. "You are correct. Everything must learn to stay strong throughout anything, even in the darkest of times."

Tommy looked down. Right next to the tree sat a little daisy. It seemed so alone, just sitting there.

Tommy remembered back to those dreams he had. He gained courage to talk, but for some reason it was hard to speak. Finally, he got his mouth to move.

Tommy looked up to Techno. "Umm...Technoblade."

"Yes?" Techno responded without looking back at the prince.

"How...what were my parents like?" Tommy asked.

Techno's pointed ears perked up and he looked down at Tommy. He looked very confused. Hopefully, he would understand why Tommy was asking.

"You want to know?" Techno asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Well, I never have met them...and I would just like to know what they were like." Tommy said.

Technoblade's face softened. His cheeks slightly rose, almost like he was smiling. He put both his arms behind his back and looked back at the tree.

"If that is what you wish."