Chapter 4

Wilbur walked into the room, holding a tray of hot chocolate, and shut the door behind him. He set the tray down on the dresser and looked over at the tired looking boy. He smiled gently.

"What's wrong, Tommy?" Wilbur sat down, crossing his legs, on the bed and beckoned Tommy to sit down with him.

Tommy walked over and sat down next to Wilbur. He leaned into the mentor's body and let Wilbur wrap his arms around him, pulling him into a hug. Tommy faced away from Wilbur, his back on his stomach and facing the windows. Tommy had always felt like a little brother to Wilbur. Wilbur was really the only one who cared for him when he really needed it.

"You didn't answer my question." Wilbur said, placing his head on Tommy's.

"I'm just tired, is all." Tommy answered.

"There's more than that, isn't there?" Wilbur's voice was gentle.

Tommy didn't respond. He didn't want Wilbur to worry about him.

"Tommy, you don't have to answer any more, but if you do need help, I will be here." Tommy could feel Wilbur's smile saddened.

Tommy felt bad that he didn't respond once again. He just sat there in silence. He just wanted to swallowed in the warmth of the hug. He just wish his tiredness would go away.

"Would you like me to hum a song to you?" Wilbur asked.

Tommy nodded.

Wilbur hummed a song and it was good. He could feel Tommy slowly falling asleep in his arms. The young boy's eyes got to heavy to keep them open, so he let them close. His head slowly fell down, but Wilbur kept it so it wouldn't take him with it. As Wilbur song more, Tommy could feel himself slowly leaving reality.

Tommy fell asleep in Wilbur's arms. The mentor kept humming as he slowly laid the young boy down on his bed. It almost looked like he was in a sleep that he would never wake up from again. Wilbur knew that the boy was stressed that he was gonna be the king in a couple days. And with the harsh training that Techno was giving him, wasn't making it any bit better. The young boy just needs some rest.

Wilbur quietly got up from the bed and walked over to the door, sitting humming his little tune. Before he walked out the door, he looked back at the sleeping prince. A smile cut across his face as he watched Tommy sleep. He quietly shut the door, leaving the prince to stay in his sleep.

---

Tommy opened his eyes. There in front of him stood his father's throne. It's huge golden presence made him feel small compared to it. Two massive banners hung from behind it with pillars going down to the door. The huge glass windows both had light shining through them all and onto the floor. Everything felt so big and overwhelming to Tommy.

The prince ran his fingers through the beautifully made cracks. He jumped up onto it and sat down. He looked at the massive room in front of him. It felt like everything was getting much bigger and bigger.

Just breathe. Tommy thought.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes again, he almost had a heart attack.

There stood a man that just stared at Tommy. His smile was big and creepy. He had green emerald eyes that seemed to look through Tommy's soul. The man had on a tight black tank top with black pants on. His dirty blonde hair looked like a mess.

"W-who a-are you?" Tommy was hesitant to talk anymore.

The man didn't answer.

Tommy took another breath, then began to speak louder. "Who are you?"

The man got down on his knee and bowed down to Tommy. The young boy stood up to have a better look at the man bowing down to him. He felt something appear on top of his head. Tommy felt his head, his father's completely golden crown was what he was wearing.

The boy took off the crown to look at it. He could see his own reflection in it, but it didn't look like Tommy at all. It looked like an older version of him. The man didn't seem to have any happiness in his face.

Tommy looked back up to see the room gave off a dark glow. Everything around him was covered in shadows. Long shadow like tentacles crawled up the pillars and seemed to crack them. The tentacles were also around the throne, keeping Tommy from getting close. The crown fell to the ground and rolled away. 

He felt a sharp pain go into his stomach. Tommy looked down to see a sword stuck in his stomach. Blood stained his shirt and pants. His hands were also covered in the red liquid. He breathed heavy and felt a panic attack come on.

Tommy saw the man still bowing down, but staring at him. He smiled wider and said something that he couldn't hear. 

Tommy felt the shadows crawl up his body and take him away.