1

𝕀 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕, 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕖𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕠𝕦𝕥

~

TW: being watched, catcalling, sexual assault, violence, fear

~

Y/N knew that she was in a bad situation the minute she turned the corner. She had been going home from work on this route every single day and she had never had a bad feeling about it, but today... today was different. It was a little later than usual and it was already dark outside.

Normally Y/N would get the train when it was dark, but today she just didn't want to wait in the train station for that long with nothing to do. All she wanted was to get home, have a shower and go to bed. It had been a busy day and she was completely wrecked from work. That was the only reason she had decided to walk even though it was already dark outside. It hadn't even occurred to her that this might be dangerous until she turned that corner and she immediately had a bad feeling.

For a short while she was wondering whether she was maybe just being too scared and too panicky. After all... she wasn't used to being here in the dark and it all looked much scarier without daylight. Surely that was why she was getting a bad feeling, right? Nothing bad had ever happened to her on this way home from work. Today shouldn't really be an exception. Or so she thought.

But now she wasn't so sure anymore. Something was off about this and she couldn't pinpoint what it was. There was a group of people walking up ahead of her, but Y/N couldn't really figure out how many they were or whether they were all men or not. They were just silhouettes at this point. There was pretty much no light in this little alleyway. Y/N hadn't even realized that it got this dark around here.

She sighed and looked down at her feet, trying to make herself look smaller. Maybe no one would notice her, if there was anyone hiding in the shadows. Getting into a bad situation like this nowadays was basically the end. Even if she got saved - if it was a hero that saved her, she might end up being worse off.

It had all started with heroes being unhappy about how they were being compensated for their work and how some people started acting stupid, just because they could always count on some heroes coming to get them and save their asses. It really wasn't fair and Y/N could understand the whole frustration with it.

But then all that turned into the government deciding that a hero that saved a person's life would more or less "own" that person. That wasn't what the government was calling it in their sweet little law, but that was what it basically came down to. So now getting saved by a hero was a gamble, too.

Sure, it was entirely possible to get saved by a nice hero that wasn't on some power trip and would just ask for some money as compensation and be done with it. But it could also land Y/N in the hands of some psychotic hero that would turn her into pretty much a slave to do with as he wanted. And after a short transitionary period... a lot of heroes actually did go that direction.