21

~

~

𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗𝕪 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤

~

TW: Stockholm syndrome, feelings of worthlessness, confusion, abuse, gaslighting, breakdown

~

But coming down from this wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. It wasn't bad at all. Y/N had imagined horrible things happening - she was thinking about him deciding he had enough of her and killing her after he had his way with her; she was thinking about him bringing her back to the cold and dark basement room where Y/N would be alone and in pain and cold, never knowing when Shouta would show up again; she was thinking about him getting angry at her and beating her.

But neither of those things happened. Nothing bad happened. As Y/N's breathing was slowing down she realized that Shouta hadn't left her. He was still right there, he was holding her close to him and it felt so good and so comforting to have him right with her, to have him so close.

Y/N felt tears welling up in her eyes, because she was still waiting for him to leave her, to discard her any second. She was worried that every second like this would be the last one she'd ever feel this good and it was killing her. She was crying silently, not wanting Shouta to get annoyed by her being loud, but unfortunately she couldn't stop the tears flowing down her cheeks. And of course he noticed.

He pulled away from the hug and looked down at her and Y/N was terrified of the look that might be on his face, but he just looked like he felt incredibly sorry for her. He didn't look angry or annoyed or unhappy in any way and it was the most confusing thing for Y/N, because she would have expected him to be furious.

Instead he slowly put his hand up to her cheek, wiping away some of the tears that were spilling out of her eyes. He was so gentle while he was doing that, Y/N could barely believe that it was really the same person that had just been so rough with her. That he was the same person that had been drugging her, that had broken her legs, so she couldn't run away, that had locked her in the basement for God knows how long. It didn't make sense. None of it did.

So Y/N just stopped thinking about it. She had spent such a long time trying to figure out how this man worked, so she could somehow get the upper hand on him, but she was now realizing that it was impossible. She'd never get the upper hand on him, she'd always be imprisoned like this, she'd have to live with him for the rest of her life from now on and there was no getting away.

And she wasn't even so sure that it was such a terrible thing anymore. Shouta wasn't too bad if she didn't act up. The last few months had been a little boring, a little suffocating if she thought about how she was trapped, but... they hadn't been terrible, had they? She had a relatively calm life. Shouta wasn't starving her or making her work or demanding unreasonable things from her. He just wanted her to be obedient, to stay at home and be there for him when he came back from work. It was pretty simple and Y/N didn't know why she had such a problem with it.