22

~

~

𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕧𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕞𝕖

~

TW: mentions of rape and abuse, Stockholm syndrome, self-doubt, brainwashing, manipulation, gaslighting, abuse

~

Y/N felt like she was definitely much, much happier ever since that night. Sure, she was still not allowed to go outside just yet, but she could move as freely inside the house as she could before and she got a few tasks every single day. She did all of them as well as she could, every single day and she was always done before Shouta got home. It wasn't like she had much else to do all day. Plus, it always made Shouta really happy to see she had done well.

And Shouta being happy meant that she was safe another day and that was all she wanted. She was learning to enjoy the things he called her - baby girl, kitten, sweetie. It was pretty cute once she got over herself. And if she was good, he was always being so nice to her. She'd get headpats and hugs and massages and he would cuddle her and hold her as long as she wanted.

He was honestly really sweet and Y/N wished that she had seen it so much earlier. Honestly, everything would have been easier if she had just seen what this was all about earlier. Shouta was lonely and he honestly didn't deserve to be. Yes, he had basically kidnapped her, but Y/N had already forgiven that. It wasn't that bad after all, was it? She was doing well right now. She was.

Even though she sometimes got unreasonably sad and weirdly distraught over everything, those were just phases. She was getting there. She was accepting her new role and she was starting to enjoy it. Sometimes she wondered if that was just what she was telling herself, but she always pushed those thoughts away. Those were bad thoughts and she wasn't supposed to think about that kinda stuff. Otherwise she would get sad again and Shouta would know.

Y/N wasn't sure how he would know, but sometimes it just seemed like he could read her like an open book. Almost like he could even read her thoughts, so she made extra sure not to think the wrong thing. He had never said anything about that, but on the days when she was thinking about the wrong stuff, he just seemed... angrier than usual. A little more grumpy. It was subtle, but it was there, Y/N was sure of that. So she tried to steer clear of anything dangerous.

And it worked. Most days, Shouta was in a very good mood. There was the rare day when he would be angry, because he was stressed at work or because something had happened, but they barely ever happened. He would be frustrated for a while, maybe let his anger out on her, but he'd always be very sorry afterwards. Y/N knew he didn't mean it. He never really meant it.

She really wondered if maybe she actually loved him. He was saying things that went into that general direction and sometimes when he had a bit of drink on him, but Y/N was never sure if she should say it back. She tried to get the words out, but it just never seemed right. But unfortunately Shouta always seemed a little disappointed when she didn't say anything back.