17

~

~

𝕃𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖, 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤

~

TW: trauma, Stockholm syndrome, abuse, unhealthy dynamics, fear, panic, confusion, self-blame, feelings of worthlessness

~

Over time, Y/N was able to move around the house more freely and it was doing her all kinds of good. Most days now she was even allowed to sleep in Shouta's bed with him, which was nice. She didn't spend much time in her own room anymore now, as she was basically free to move within the house, as long as she didn't go down the hallway that led to the main door. Y/N wasn't sure how Shouta would find out if she did, but she didn't want to risk it.

Not yet at least. Y/N had been playing with the thought of escaping more and more, the more privileges she got. She didn't even know where she'd go at this stage, but she'd figure that out once she was out. If she paid enough attention now and made sure that Shouta wasn't suspicious of her, then maybe she'd have a chance. One last chance to get her life and freedom back.

Some days Y/N wasn't quite sure how much she really wanted to go back to her regular life... actually, that was most days. It took a while until Y/N realized it, but she didn't really have much fight left in her. She could barely get herself to think about escaping most days, because at the same time all the memories of her legs being broken came back up inside her and it was a horrible thing to think about.

And it wasn't the time for all of that yet. Right now she had to get much more used to everything, memorize every little detail of the house, memorize escape routes, memorize the time patterns when Shouta was here and when he wasn't. The thing was that that was a difficult thing to do.

Shouta didn't have a very regular work schedule. Or a very regular sleeping pattern. It had been months now and Y/N hadn't been able to figure it out yet. Maybe that was because she didn't really have access to any clocks or watches, but she also needed to sleep at some point and she couldn't watch out for the exact time when Shouta left for work and when he came back all the time.

Sometimes she wondered whether Shouta was keeping his work schedule this irregular for a reason. The reason being to make her feel like she had no chance to escape, no chance to plan anything. Honestly, Y/N wouldn't put it beyond him. She was pretty sure that he knew that she wasn't completely brainwashed yet and he was trying to make things more difficult for her.

But at the same time it was also almost like he was trying to egg her on, like some sick game where she would try to escape, just so he could catch her and beat her down again. Y/N hated the feeling that he knew exactly what was happening. It was almost like he knew every little thing about her. Like he knew what she was thinking. It was freaking Y/N out and most days she wasn't sure what to believe.