30

~

~

TW: feelings of guilt, Stockholm syndrome, nightmares, trauma

~

𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦

~

Y/N had no idea how much time had passed since that night, but it was like everything had changed. It felt like it had been several months since they had buried those two people and Y/N woke up every single day terrified that there would be cops at the door or other heroes to take her away to a prison. Everytime she made any mistake at all she was terrified that Shouta would tell someone and she would get arrested and never see the light of day again. But nothing happened.

Nothing happened except that Shouta seemed much more pleased with her, since she was also much more terrified to do anything wrong. And so her biggest concern was to make as few mistakes as possible, which was hard because she ended up being really tired every single day. It was like all the energy was drained from her ever since that night, mostly because she kept having terrible nightmares about it all. She barely slept anymore and she was tired and worn down. Every small thing could make her break down emotionally and Y/N knew that it wasn't good.

But Shouta was always there for her and he always comforted her and she just felt so much more safe whenever he was around. She was still thinking about how she was never able to leave him ever again, but the thought of leaving went into the background more and more and more. It was too tiring to entertain. She had thought up a million ways on how she could get out of this situation, but every time she thought she had it, she found a fatal flaw in the plan.

And if she didn't mess up, Shouta was good to her. He took care of her and he was making sure that she was okay. Y/N was starting to miss him when he was gone and she was starting to hang onto every word of praise that left his lips. She needed it. She needed to hear from him that she was doing well, that she was beautiful and that he loved her. There was no one else to tell her and her own brain was telling her that she was horrible in a never ending loop.

She had killed two people. She had killed them and she had buried them and gotten rid of all evidence and she hadn't even felt bad about those two. She had only felt bad about herself and Shouta and Y/N was beating herself up over it. She was convinced that this made her an awful person. Sometimes she wondered whether it made Shouta a bad person, too, but no. Of course he wasn't. He was putting his own life and integrity on the line just to help her. He could have ratted her out, he could have left her to deal with this herself. But he hadn't done that.

And he kept telling her that he loved her and Y/N was wondering whether maybe... maybe that was actually true. She had always thought that he had a strange idea of love, but maybe it was her that had the strange ideas. If him protecting her like he was wasn't love... then what was it? It made no sense if it was anything else. He had to love her. There was no other explanation.