29

~

~

TW: death, dead bodies, crime, nausea, trauma, scariness

~

𝕋𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

~

It took Y/N a little while to realize what was going on after Shouta had finished washing her. He had taken her to the couch and Y/N knew that she had probably fallen asleep, but then Shouta had woken her up again and told her to come with him. They had gone outside and to his car. The car was mostly empty except for a big trash bag on the back seat. Shouta had told her not to look at it and Y/N had decided to listen to him for the sake of her own sanity. It wasn't worth it.

She had kind of zoned out ever since then, but now she found herself sitting in the car and it looked like they had just arrived somewhere. The car was stopped and it was so dark outside that Y/N couldn't even start to guess where they might be. She wondered what they were doing here, but if she was supposed to know then Shouta probably would have told her. Maybe he had told her and she had just blocked it out, like she had blocked out everything else.

But here she was, sitting in a stopped car with Shouta, somewhere in some dark place, probably out in the country. She had no idea what they were going to do here, but she hoped that she wouldn't have to do much at all. She was still shaken up about the whole thing and Shouta wasn't really telling her much, which didn't make things easier. Maybe it was better if she didn't know lots, but it sure didn't help with easing her nerves. It didn't help one bit, in fact.

But here they were now and Shouta was looking at her, as if he was expecting something from her. And Y/N had no idea what he was expecting, but strangely enough she wasn't nearly as terrified as she would usually be about not listening. She just felt tired and exhausted at this point. She felt like she could sleep for about a million years and it still wouldn't be enough.

"Are you ready?" he asked her, looking at her as if he was repeating himself for the tenth time. He probably was, Y/N couldn't really be sure.

"Ready for what?" she wanted to know. It was weird how she was somewhat present all of a sudden. She felt like she had been drifting in and out of consciousness for the last few hours and she wasn't sure what had really happened and what she might have imagined anymore. She would have been terrified about it, but she didn't really have the energy for that right now. She wasn't sure if she'd ever have the energy for that again. Maybe she'd just always be in this dissociative state. For the rest of her life.

"You really didn't listen all this time. I was wondering why you weren't responding at all. This really hit you hard, huh?" Shouta asked.

"Yeah." Y/N replied, her voice sounding hollow. Whatever he meant by 'this'. It could be anything that had happened in her lifetime at this stage. She barely even remembered a time when she wasn't with Shouta. And she was getting tired of holding onto those memories. There was no point.