7

~

~

𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕔𝕣𝕪

~

TW: isolation, Stockholm syndrome, unhealthy dynamics, manipulation/delusions, kidnapping, unwanted romantic advances

~

Y/N wasn't sure how long it had taken her that day to calm down, but once Shouta was done bandaging her legs, he just stayed with her, carefully reaching out for her hand and holding it for a while when she didn't flinch or pull away. And then finally, he had been holding her in his arms, carefully, as if she was fragile and could break any second, until she had calmed down.

She must have fallen asleep in his arms, because she didn't really remember him leaving or falling asleep at all. She woke up again the next morning, wrapped in the blanket, a glass of water and some food on her bedside table and two crutches leaning against the bed frame on the other side.

Y/N didn't know it at the time, but that was the day everything changed for her. And not in a good way. She wasn't sure in what way. From that day on, it seemed like Shouta was avoiding her. She always found food and clothes next to her bed, but Shouta was nowhere to be seen. And even though she was fighting the feeling... she wanted to see him. She missed him.

It was eating away at her - one part of her knowing that he had practically kidnapped her and was holding her prisoner and had broken her legs (painfully), so she couldn't escape; the other part just longing for some human contact, someone to hold her and comfort her and wondering whether he maybe wasn't so bad. He had saved her after all. And he was taking such good care of her...

It was driving her insane. She was wondering whether she should try to escape again, just to get his attention, no matter how badly he'd beat her up for it. Being isolated like this... it was probably worse than any torture he could give her. She just... she just wanted to talk to someone. She wanted that feeling to come back. That feeling she had when he had held her and comforted her, after she had broken down in tears the other day. Like he was truly sorry. Like she meant something to him.

What was really driving her insane was knowing that he was bad news - he didn't like her or love her or have any positive feelings for her, unless it was in some weirdly twisted way. She knew that none of this was healthy in any way... but right now, what else did she have? Shouta was the only human being that she had around her right now. She depended on him. If he decided he didn't want her around anymore, he could just kill her. Or stop bringing her food. Even now, with no one to talk to and Shouta seemingly having vanished, she felt like dying.

At least she had the crutches now. Y/N was spending most of her time just hopping around her room with the crutches, trying to get the hang of them and getting back into the habit of walking. At least she could do that to pass the time, but walking circles in her room was driving her just as insane as having absolutely no human contact whatsoever. She needed to get out of here. She needed to talk to someone, anyone, even if it was him. She wanted to talk to him.