16

~

~

𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕠𝕟 𝕞𝕖

~

TW: manipulation, Stockholm Syndrome, self-blame, mentions of abuse

~

The next few weeks seemed like years to Y/N. She never did anything. She was trapped in her room for most of it, but thankfully most nights Shouta was staying with her and taking care of her. She had nightmares almost every night, but when Shouta was there she at least wasn't waking up alone. And he was always so sweet about everything. He was taking good care of her.

And Y/N was starting to feel much more comfortable around him. She knew when he was in a good mood and when she'd get away with speaking her mind more openly and she started learning when he was stressed out and frustrated and it would be better to stay quiet and submissive and let him take out his anger on her. If she started protesting it would get worse after all.

Plus, he would always be so incredibly sorry about everything and when he was sorry that meant Y/N was getting extra privileges. It didn't take her very long to be allowed to leave her room and spend some time in the adjacent room. Y/N had been thinking of trying to escape only once or twice and only fleetingly.

She knew that it would be pointless. He would find her again. Somehow he would find her again. She'd leave the place and he'd be waiting for her right at the door and Y/N could still very clearly remember the pain of getting her legs broken. And she didn't want to do that again. She didn't want to risk it again. At least not until she was very sure that she'd be successful. But with each passing day she lost belief in that more and more. And it didn't seem so bad to stay.

She could be out in the living room if she wanted to and she had a bathroom and the bedroom to herself. Being able to go to the living room meant she had access to more books and even some movies. Shouta was always very careful to turn off the Internet whenever he left Y/N alone in the house, but he had a whole lot of movies downloaded on an old laptop and he allowed Y/N to use it.

If she was being honest, Y/N was having a great time. She could read and watch movies and shows and sleep all day if she wanted to. She could have long baths and showers. She could do whatever she wanted within those three rooms and Y/N was having a great time. She never knew how much she was missing out on by working all day and having to do chores and all those mundane things that she was busy with before she got... well, kidnapped.

Y/N wasn't even comfortable using the word 'kidnapped'. Because had he really kidnapped her? Not really. What he was doing was completely legal, technically. Sure, it might have been frowned upon, but it wasn't like Y/N could go to the police about this. And it all had started with him saving her, hadn't it? And then she just had to panic and try to run away from him.