12

~

~

𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕚𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕤, 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕠𝕟𝕖

~

TW: mentions of stalking, creepy behaviour, mentions of abuse and violence, madness, hints of rape (not explicit, not explicitly mentioned, only if you really, really squint)

~

When Y/N woke up again she felt sore. She wasn't sure why, maybe it was because she had slept weirdly after suddenly being able to hear again. It could be anything. Maybe she was getting her period or something, or whatever food she had gotten, didn't really agree with her. It was probably better not to worry about it.

Y/N realized that Shouta wasn't right next to her anymore. The spot beside her wasn't warm anymore, so he probably wasn't around. Y/N used the luxury of being able to hear what was going on. For the first time in what felt like years, she listened to everything that was going on around her.

There was a strange noise that she couldn't quite place. It sounded human... but it made no sense. Y/N focussed on what else she could hear right now. There were some noises that she figured the building made. It seemed windy outside. The wind was howling through the house... and that was pretty much everything she could hear. She focused back on the other noise.

It sounded like someone was crying. Y/N couldn't really determine if it was very silent crying in the same room or whether it was very loud crying from a different room. The voice sounded slightly familiar... was that Shouta? But why would Shouta be crying? No, no, no, it couldn't be him... but what if it was? Was he here with her? In the same room as her, right now?

"Shouta...?" she asked. The crying stopped and there was some sniffing. Was he in the same room as her? Why was he crying? Had she messed up? Had she done something to mess things up?

"Shouta, are you here?" Y/N asked again. There was a shifting noise, something creaking against the floor, some movement to her side. No footsteps, though. Y/N wasn't really sure what to make of this. It made no sense. She didn't understand why he was crying, after all she had been asleep all this time.

"I didn't think you'd be awake already..." she heard him saying quietly. His voice sounded strained and kind of weak and shaky. This was odd. This was really odd. What was wrong with him? Y/N wished she could see him... but she wasn't going to ask. If there was one thing she had learnt from all this, it was that Shouta knew what was best for her. And he'd make sure that she was okay. That she had everything she needed. She just wished she could do the same for him.

"I'm... I'm sorry, I can go back to sleep, if you want me to, I just..." Y/N trailed off. She wasn't even sure what to say.

"It's fine. Nothing for you to worry about." he answered. He sounded sad and Y/N didn't like that. She didn't want him to be sad... it might end up being bad for her, if he decided that it was her fault. But asking him if he was crying? It seemed like a scary thought. Who knew how he'd react? But maybe there was something that she could do for him... maybe he wanted to talk? He always seemed rather lonely...