24

TW: fear, brainwashing, abuse, general cultiness, being locked up

~

𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕡𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕝

~

The days had been slowly getting calmer and Y/N was glad that she had enough time to just be at home and read or cook or do whatever she wanted. She was trying to keep herself busy, so she wouldn't think too much about her life before she came here. There was no point to that.

As far as Y/N was concerned, this was what she wanted. Anything that was before... well, sure it was fun at the time, but that's because she hadn't known any better. She was quite unhappy, if she was honest. Work was always stressful and she was living in that tiny apartment all on her own. Sure, she could go wherever she wanted and do what she wanted, but she usually had neither the time nor the money for that, so it wasn't really that different.

That's what she told herself at least. And it helped. It made it so much better to just sit out whatever was coming and to be happy with the way things were now. It wasn't so bad. Shouta was sweet most of the time, unless he was in a really bad mood. She had enough food, she had clothes, she had a big house to live in... she had everything she needed right here. And she had enough free time to do things that she enjoyed doing. She had enough free time to look into learning new skills - sewing, stitching, baking. She had even gotten good at taking care of plants, something that Y/N was always notoriously bad at, because she never had the time.

Usually it was enough to keep her from thinking about how she missed her friends and her family. Only sometimes those thoughts came up inside her head, but they never stayed long. Y/N did her best to push them aside, which was helped by a weird pain in her leg each time she was thinking of something she wasn't supposed to think of. She always felt incredibly guilty about it and it was almost like Shouta could read her thoughts. Somehow he'd always know when she had been thinking about her old life and Y/N had no idea how he figured it out consistently.

But he was usually very sweet about it. He never scolded her badly and he didn't get angry about it, especially when he saw how bad she felt about it. Y/N felt like she was in ruins every single time it happened, but Shouta was always there to pick her up and make her feel better and he was good at it. Y/N figured that she was lucky. She had heard so many horror stories about what happened to some of the girls that had been taken by heroes and Shouta really treated her well.

He did get angry when she overstepped some boundaries, which only ever happened when she was getting too sure of herself. Like when she wouldn't wear what Shouta liked her to wear or when she was being messy in the kitchen or when she was not at the door when he came home from work. It was little things like that and Y/N was a bit annoyed at first, but she quickly understood that things like that made Shouta feel rejected and that's what made him angry. It was simple, really. She just needed to make him feel loved and accepted and like she would always be there for him. It was her own fault if she messed around and he got angry at her, because she wasn't the best she could be for him. And it wasn't just for him, it was for herself, too.