Chapter 7

The next morning I made my way down to the big gym wearing black workout leggings and a black tank top. I assumed no one wore their suits for this stuff. I entered the room and Cap and Nat were at the front. Sam, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro, Vision, Clint, and Rhodes lined up in front of them. I've meet Rhodes and Clint a few times, but they don't live here permanently so they are only here for training in the mornings.

"Take your place, Julia," Cap pointed to the end of the line next to Rhodes. "Today we are going to do the robot agility exercise, I'll explain for our newbie," He said pointing at me, for sure turning my face red. "Each of you will battle the Stark Practice robots," He explained and pressed a button on a remote control. A robot that looked like the Iron Man suit, just in all silver, stepped out from massive steel sliding doors. "You will fight one, then two, then three, we cap it off at 6. They are programmed to fight you based on your capabilities so use different tactics, don't stick with one style. So, anything goes with these guys, destroy them." He nodded. "Let's go in order down the line, Sam you start."

Thank god I wasn't first. We all lined the walls while Sam suited up in front of the robot. His wings were pretty cool despite my aversion to them when I first met him. He destroyed three robots before calling out.

Bucky went next. The robot walked out and he ran up to it and ripped one of its arms off, then jumped up to its shoulders and pulled the head off. Another two came out and he used his metal arm to punch straight through it making it fall over and die. The other threw a punch at Bucky but he stopped it with his metal arm and proceed to behead it. He got up to four robots before calling out.

Next was Wanda. I was excited to see everyone in action. She defeated these robots with ease. She got up to six. I think she could've kept going but how many of these things do they have on retainer anyway. Pietro's speed was insane. He was running right through these guys and each time they just fell into pieces. Vision also dominated and took on the max of six robots.

I had a feeling training with these guys would be intimidating. I was bouncing my knee and biting at my thumb watching Rhodes in his Iron Patriot suit shooting each robot coming towards him.

"Julia!" Nat shouted out. I stepped into the middle of the mat and took a deep breath before the door opened and the robot came charging at me. I didn't realize how horrifying these things were from the sidelines.

I raised my hand and stopped the robot in its tracks. The lifted my other hand and ripped its head off then dropped it to the side. I looked over to Cap who was smiling. He nodded at me and two more bots came out. I lifted one bot and smashed it into the other one stopping them both. Then three came out. I took each head off with ease causing them to fall before even getting close to me. Four came out and I lifted two and dropped them on the other two. Five came and I decided to take a different approach and ripped the glowing battery from each one's chest right out of them, causing them all to drop. Six came out and I lifted them all with one hand, stopping them from coming closer to me and raising my other hand to gather metal scraps from the other broken bots to stab each one in the battery, causing them to drop on the pile with the others.

"Awesome!" Cap shouted and pressed a button to halt the rest.

I was out of breath, those things were heavy. "Thanks," I smiled catching my breath and walking back over to everyone.

"You know, it's kinda unfair because these are metal and she controls metal," Rhodes pointed out.

"It's not unfair," Cap countered. "Each person has their own abilities that put them at an advantage compared to someone. But, maybe we should've picked a non-metal training activity," He said looking at me.