Chapter 27

"Polaris!" Tony shouted from the front of the jet. It was weird to hear that name being used again.

"What's up?" I asked as I ducked into the cockpit.

"Cap's going to bring you to the lower level and strap you up, we're going to open the hatch and you start feeling around for the sub," He explained,

"Got it,"

I followed Cap down to the cargo level of the jet where we board. He helped me slip on a black harness that he had a leash attached to. The leash hooked onto the wall of the jet. He explained it was for safety precautions. When the hatch opens the wind gets crazy and they didn't want me flying out. I assured them I didn't need the harness but Bucky insisted as he tightened the straps around my chest and waist.

"I can fly..." I reminded them. "I won't plummet to my death,"

"Doesn't matter," Bucky rolled his eyes and buckled the leash to my back.

Cap pressed a button causing the large door to drop down and the wind started to whip around the cargo hold. I pressed the button on the side of my neck for my mask and headpiece to cover me up and keep the wind out of my eyes. I extended my hands and shut my eyes to start sensing for the sub. I could feel thousands of tiny scraps sat on the ocean floor and hundreds of large ship pieces stuck in the sands. I stepped forward closer to the edge of the door to get a better angle on the waters.

"That's far enough!" Bucky shouted from behind me causing my eyes to open and me to lose my concentration.

"Bucky!" I screamed and turned around. "I'm fine! If you keep stressing me out I'll fuck it up!" I yelled over to him across the jet.

He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. I didn't want to yell at him, but everyone is going to have to have faith in me if they want this to work.

I closed my eyes and refocused on the water below us. I could see the outlines of broken ship pieces lining the ocean floor. I was looking for movement. After taking a few deep breaths I knelt down was pulled back a bit by the leash attached to my back. I sensed something fast hovering above the ocean floor. It was long and thin. I sensed down the metal object and could feel the racing propellers at the end of the sub.

"Got it!" I shouted and stood up while keeping one hand extended latched onto the sub.

Cap told Tony through the earpiece that I found it and he and Rhodes came down to the cargo hold in their Ironman suits. Tony opened up a case and inside were little circular machines. He told me they can connect to the sides of the sub and when they are turned on they can raise it to the top of the sea. They look like the blasters on the bottom of the Ironman suits that allow them to fly.

"Can you put them on?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded and took my other hand to lift the little circle machines out of the crate.

"10 on each side!" He shouted as I sent the circles flying into the ocean near the sub.

I closed my eyes to see the sub's outline and sent 10 to latch onto the left side, then repeated with the other 10 on the right side.

"Thrusters are online!" Nat shouted from the back of the cargo hold. I didn't even know she was down here with us all.

"Turn them on! Rhodes come out with me," Tony shouted. "Polaris, hold onto that sub. Guide it up with the thrusters," He demanded before him and Rhodes jumped out the hatch and flew down near the water.

I felt the thrusters turn on and the sub began slowly rising from the bottom of the sea. I held onto it tightly and slightly pulled it along with the help of the thrusters. Suddenly I felt the propellers turn off on the sub.