Chapter 21

The holidays came and went. Mr. Stark threw a massive New Year's party at the compound that I couldn't attend, so Bucky stayed back to watch the ball drop. It was pretty uneventful for us but nice. Once all the holiday hoopla died down it was back to our regular routines. I began training with everyone again in the big gym. I regained all the core strength I lost from being struck by Alex a few weeks back. I was also getting better with deploying my forcefield fast at a rate and on short notice. Wanda assisted me in working on making them huge to cover a bunch of people at once. Mr. Stark also restored my suit after the incident at the school. He brought it out to me while we were wrapping up training in the big gym. It looked exactly the same before the incident. The massive scorched hole on the side was patched up seamlessly. Mr. Stark also mentioned he upgraded the suit with some of his tech, which I was incredibly thankful for.  

"Try it on and I'll show you," He said handing it over to me in the big gym.

I ran to the storage closet to the side like a little girl excited to try on her Halloween costume. The suit fit better and comfier than it did before. He added a retractable headpiece that held my hair back. He really did think of it all. I came back out onto the matt in the outfit in front of everyone.

"Alright come into the middle," He instructed and I followed. "I added a retractable headpiece that includes retractable goggles, for flying and whatnot, no bugs in the face." I pressed the side of the neck and sure enough, goggles slipped on and back off with a second touch to the area. "There is a tracking device in it, we all have them in case of emergencies and, in your case, kidnappings," he joked making Bucky roll his eyes with a groan.  "There is also an earpiece that can link up to the rest of ours," He explained. "I didn't know if you carried a weapon or not..."

"A sword sometimes," I said.

"Really?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah, or little knives or throwing stars," I smiled thinking about the collection of knives I have in my room at the school. The Professor gifted them to me when I turned 18. They were made out of tungsten, which is the strongest metal, besides vibranium of course.

"Well I put two holsters on each leg for whatever you equip yourself with," Stark said. "The coolest thing is the GPS though, on your left forearm, there is a little pad that you can speak coordinates or addresses into for when you're flying around,"

"Oh that's so helpful," I smiled and looked down to the little black rectangle with a singular button on it. There was something else to this suit that made it feel different. My body felt like it was floating when I first put it on, similar to the feeling I get when I touch Bucky's arm.

"Is there- Is there vibranium in this?" I asked putting two and two together.

"Well yeah," he said in a matter-of-fact tone. "All of our suits have trace amounts of vibrainium in them to make them durable, with-stand bullets, etcetera, etcetera," he explained.

My smile must've reached from ear to ear.

"Why? How did you even know that? It's not visible?" Stark asked confused.

"I dunno, whenever she touches my arm she says it gives her a feeling she can't describe," Bucky answered for me.

"Ew," Pietro mumbled looking at Bucky.

"It's my arm dude," Bucky huffed eyeing him across the matt. He turned back to Stark and said, "It's almost as if it dials her senses up to 100,"

"Well that explains why she likes you so much," Stark mocked.

"Ha-Ha," Bucky rolled his eyes.

"How does it make you feel? Is there any description?" Vision asked stepping forward.