Chapter 19

(It's the first NSFW chapter. hehe. We are starting the couple off slow enjoy :)

The next few days I stayed in my room most of the time resting. When Bucky wasn't around I would do sit-ups to work on getting my core strength back, he told me that doing too much too soon doesn't work, but I ignored him.

The compound was quiet. Most of the staff has off for the holidays so it's just us around. Clint went home to spend the holidays with his family, as did Rhodes. The rest of the guys stayed. I made Bucky watch a different Christmas movie every night leading up to the holiday. At first, he was annoyed, but he came around to enjoying them.

Alex called me a bunch every day and left long voicemails apologizing and begging me to talk to him. I knew it wasn't his fault he hit me. But for some reason, I couldn't talk to him. I felt so betrayed and belittled. He didn't trust me to handle my father myself and it backfired for him. I know I have let my father walk all over me in my past, but since I've been to the compound, I trained more than ever and was learning to use my powers in new ways. A little part of me was almost excited to use them, but Alex didn't even let me get close before fucking it all up. Eventually, I turned the volume off on the shitty burner phone so I didn't have to be tortured with the constant ringing. I just needed a break from the reminder for the day, after all, it was Christmas.

Wanda and Sam made a massive Christmas dinner for us all. Christmas music was playing all day and the energy was good. I finally had a reason to put on some makeup for the first time in months and wear a dress. It felt good to wear something besides workout clothes. Everyone dressed nicely, we treated it like a real big event. All the Christmas lights were on, Steve made a fire in the fireplace, even Pietro calmed down and wasn't running around causing a scene as he always does.

Nat made eggnog for everyone, I politely declined the drink but Bucky seemed to love it. The whole floor smelled like pine needles and sugar cookies. I was surprised Mr. Stark stayed for the night, I always assume he has something better to do. After dinner, we all circled the tree in the living room. Steve was going on and on about how much better Christmas was when he and Bucky grew up, without commercializing it and overdoing the gifts.

Bucky came back to the couch with a beer and handed me a glass of wine he got from the kitchen for me.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" He whispered putting his arm around me and leaning back on the couch.

"A couple of times, I think," I smiled at him. 

"Christmas in Sokovia sucked!" Pietro chimed in after Steve's story.

"It did not," Wanda shook her head.

"Uh did too! The town was not festive! Sure mom and dad made it good but there was no overall cheer like Steve said," he explained.

"I guess so," Wanda agreed. "Remember we used to make those strings of popcorn and cranberries?"

"Yeah they were delicious," Pietro agreed.

"Not sure they were for eating," Vision interjected. Pietro rolled his eyes at him.

"What were your Christmas's at the school like, Julia?" Wanda asked me.

"Pretty typical. The Professor would get trees for each hallway and had Christmas lights around everyone's doorway. He made it very special for the few of us who didn't have families to go home to during the holidays," I explained. "We did the whole homemade cookie thing, Santa came at midnight. It was great, very traditional,"

"Did you ever spend a holiday with Erik?" Pietro asked. He asks about Erik a lot, Wanda never. I think partly because she knows how he gets on my nerves and partly because she doesn't care for him.