Chapter 3✨

Raina could not be more confused. She watched the Pevensie siblings gawk at their surroundings in a solemn manner. She looked around too, it became apparent that this 'Cair Paravel' was a palace or castle of some sort. The structure of the ruins clearly resembled an old, medieval castle. She started to wonder,

'If the Pevensies know this place well, it has to be because they lived here, right?' Raina asked herself.

'But that would mean that..oh my' Raina widened her eyes.

'Guys? How do you know this place?' Raina asked, wondering if her hunch would be proved.

'Well..' Peter began.

'It's a long story, Raina' Susan continued.

'Well I guess it's a good thing we have got time, right?' Raina remarked.

All four siblings looked to each other, wondering who would begin, when Edmund spoke up.

'We used to be the Kings and Queens of Narnia. Technically we still are, but we have absolutely no idea what has happened here. So that's what we need to find out.' He said bluntly.

Raina just blinked and decided to go along with it.

'When did you lot even come here?' Raina asked inquisitively.

'Well, in our world, we came to Narnia about a year ago. We spent 15 years in Narnia as the rulers too. But time moves a lot faster here than it does back home. It's almost as if time stops in our world when we come here. When we came back, it was as if no time had passed at all. We became adults in Narnia, but we came back at the age we left.' Susan explained.

Raina slowly took it all in. Some of it began to make sense, but it was a lot. The five of them began walking forward, perhaps to find clues as to what happened. As they were walking, Edmund shot a concerned look over at Raina, who just gave him a nod.

They walked over to the side of the structure, when Edmund stopped. He observed the ruins.

'Catapults.' he said.

'What?' Peter asked.

Edmund looked up.

'This didn't just happen.' he spoke.

Raina spoke up.

'Do you think this place was attacked?' She asked.

Edmund nodded. A silence fell over the five of them. Edmund and Peter walked over to a door like structure, overgrown with trees by this point. They removed some weeds and pushed what seemed like a stone door to the side, revealing an unkempt wooden door entrance. Peter managed to open the door, it being brittle, and him using his pocket knife.

He then tore off a piece of his already torn white polo, and wrapped it around a stick. The rest of them watched him, frowning. He looked up at Edmund, who was standing in front of him.

'Don't suppose, you have any matches, do you?' Peter asked.

Edmund rummaged through his bag.

'No but..' he began

He took out an electric torch instead.

'Would this help?' He asked, a small smirk on his face.

Peter looked annoyed before saying.

'You might've mentioned that a bit sooner!' He said with slight irritation, but he smiled nonetheless.

Edmund had a cheeky grin on his face. He walked forward, and Peter gestured to the girls to go first. They walked down a spiral staircase. Raina was a little scared as she was afraid of darkness in general. All of them were then atop a small room, with 4 marble statues, with large chests in front of each one. The teenagers made their way down and Peter opened a metal gate before remarking,