Chapter 7✨

Raina was the first to wake up. It was still dark, but sun rays were making their way through the sky. It's quite early, she thought. She tried to sit and found Edmund very close to her, and she very close to him. It's strange considering they slept some distance apart the night before, and he now had both arms wrapped around her waist, and her hand was flat against his chest, as her head rested on his shoulder. Butterflies couldn't help overwhelming her stomach, and a blush made its way to her cheeks, confusion permeating her thoughts.

Why is it that when you're trying to push someone away, they just get even closer? She thought. Yes, she wanted to go back to who she was before she met him again, but her decision began to waver. She slowly sat up, keeping in mind not to wake him up. After a few tense seconds, she sat up straight, and stretched her arms, stiff from sleeping on the ground.

The sky was beautiful, dark with flashes of orange and pink, almost like an artist's canvas. Raina couldn't help but gawk at how stunning it was. Through all of the shocks she had coming to Narnia, this calmed her of all of it. She decided to braid her hair, as it got tangled from sleeping on the ground. As she did this, she didn't notice Lucy stirring as well.

'Psst. Raina.' She whispered, as Raina turned around to see Lucy up.

'You wanna..' Raina gestured to the forest, ahead. Lucy nodded, as Raina grabbed her sword and they made their way through the forest, quietly.

The sky changed colours as it became lighter and lighter. They walked some distance from the camp.

'How are you liking Narnia?' She asked, sweetly. Raina smiled.

'A culture shock to me, but it has been wonderful.' Raina replied as Lucy laughed.

'I have to say, Edmund's been a lot happier now that you're back. And don't think I didn't notice youse cuddling together.' Lucy said, smirking. Raina blushed furiously and looked away.

'We weren't cuddling, Lu! It just happened sometime over the night, I did not realise it until this morning.' Raina replied, shyly.

'Suuuuure.' Lucy said, smirking and trying to contain her laughter. Raina swatted her arm.

'Besides, I'm sure he's happy because he's back in Narnia.' Raina maintained, and Lucy gave her a 'yeah right' look.

'He's changed a lot, hasn't he?' Raina asked. Lucy nodded, a tender look in her eyes.

'Lucy, can I ask you something?' Raina said. Lucy nodded.

'What happened the last time you were here? You said you've been here once before. Don't get me wrong, Ed wasn't a complete jerk before but he had his moments, but now he's changed completely.' Raina asked, curiously.

Lucy pursed her lips, and looked down for a moment.

'Oh you don't have to tell me. I was just wondering because..' Raina trailed off.

'Because..?' Lucy asked, when Raina quickly pulled her down behind a rock.

'Wha-' Lucy began but Raina clapped a hand over her mouth, and gave her a warning glare that said 'stay quiet'. Lucy nodded wordlessly, as they peeked out. An animal was walking up.

'What is that?' Raina whispered. 'Is it another wild animal?'

'No, I don't think so. I-I think that's a Narnian.' Lucy whispered.

'Are you sure?'

'Mhmm, look at the armour.'

Lucy was right, the creature walked like a human, and had armour and weapons.