Performance Blues

*Alex's POV*

I unpacked my suitcase just to see if I remembered everything. Toothbrush: Check, hair dryer: check, flat iron: check, phone charger: check, school yearbook: check-- Wait what?

I accidentally packed my school yearbook... I wonder where I even found it... It's not Scarlette's because my name is on the front cover... Huh, I don't remember even putting this in my bag, let alone know where it was in my house.

"Is that our old school yearbook?" Jack was looking over my shoulder.

"Yeah." I replied gloomily.

"Avery said that her and Scarlette went to the same high school as us! Let's find their pictures!" Jack grabbed the blue and white yearbook out of my hands.

"Let's not." I said as I dug around in my suitcase.

"Oh my god." Jack stared intently at the yearbook, "Was Scarlette the girl that you stood up--"

"Jack, don't remind me."

"Does she know?"

"Yes, we already talked about it."

"What did she say?"

"She told me to forget about it."

"Oh."

I heard Jack flip a couple of pages while I set my hair dryer on the bathroom sink. I plugged in my phone to the charger and sat on the bed.

"Is it weird that Scarlette knew me in high school?" Jack spoke up.

"Huh?"

"I would always walk up to her and say 'nice shirt loser', but sometimes one of her friends would cuss me out. I don't think she really liked me..."

"Well, by saying 'nice shirt loser', somebody could easily take that out of context." I explained.

"Oh! I was just trying to be funny! I didn't mean to be rude!"

"Jack, at least you got rid of your stupid bowl-cut." I joked.

"Hey, you know that I was the only kid in school who could rock that style!"

I laughed, "Whatever you say, Jack!"

* * * * * * * * * * * *

*Scarlette's POV*

Hey Monday performed before us and All Time Low is getting ready to get on stage. We play after them.

Alex asked me to sing Remembering Sunday with him which is the last song in their set. I said that I would but I'm a little nervous... Most of the fans here only came to see All Time Low and they might think that I'm ruining the tradition of Juliet Simms singing her part. Oh well, I guess I can just hope for the best.

"Hey, Scarlette, are you okay?" Avery asked sympathetically.

"Uh, yeah." My voice cracked. Crap.

"What's wrong?" Avery smiled like she already knew.

"I'm nervous."

"Don't become you from high school!" Avery said, "You never had any self-confidence! You're an amazing friend, you're incredibly talented, and you shouldn't worry about singing a small part of a song!"

"I know, but what about all of those ATL fans?"

"They'll just have to get over it!" Avery exclaimed.

I put on a confident smile and rehearsed my part until Remembering Sunday began.

Alex's beautiful guitar chords were strummed as the beginning of the song started. The lighting changed and I could see the fans smiling reluctantly as Alex's words poured through the speakers.