Can We Be A Secret?

*Scarlette's POV*

"Whoa." Zack whispered.

I was just as shocked as he was. Did I really just kiss him?!

"I, uh, I should get going..." I said slowly and I opened up the door and climbed out. Surprisingly, my legs had regained a little bit of their strength.

I limped to my car and drove back to Alex's, hoping that he hadn't gotten up to check on me while I was gone.

I parked along the curb and limped my way to the door, opening it as quietly as I possibly could. I made my way downstairs and to my bedroom. I could still hear Alex snoring, so that meant he was asleep. I looked at the clock which was a little past five in the morning. Since I couldn't go back to sleep, I hobbled over to the couch to watch something on TV.

A few minutes after I turned it on, Alex stumbled into the room, rubbing his eyes.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked groggily.

"...no..." I muttered, flipping through channels.

He plopped down next to me on the couch and I got really nervous. What if Alex knows that I snuck out?

"Are you okay?" Alex asked.

"Uh, yeah..." I gulped and tried not to make eye contact with him, "Why do you ask?"

"You're acting weird. Like, you flinched when I sat down and you look constipated."

I giggled a little bit and tried to get myself to relax a little bit more. If he knew that I'd left, he'd ask, right?

I finally settled on Adventure Time, which was surprisingly on TV at five in the morning.

"Ooh, Adventure Time!" Alex yawned.

"If you're tired, you can go back to sleep, you know." I said.

"But I want to stay up and watch Adventure Time with you." Alex cuddled up against my side.

I swear to god that I started sweating with nervousness right then and there.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Alex said and moved to the opposite end of the couch.

"What?"

"You tensed up and I was like 'she doesn't want me to do that'." Alex replied.

"Oh, erm, you're fine..." I muttered.

Alex raised his eyebrows at me and adjusted himself on the couch so that he could see the TV better.

"Are you sure you're okay? Did you have a nightmare or something?"

"Yeah, I had a nightmare..." I lied.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

Even though we were watching Adventure Time, the silence between us was really uncomfortable. That's when Alex started saying random things to break the ice.

"Do I make you sexually frustrated or something?" Alex asked.

"What the hell?! No!" I scrunched my eyebrows at him.

"You're acting like the middle school me whenever I had a crush on someone, why are you being so awkward?" Alex asked.

I didn't say anything, I just folded my arms and stared at the TV screen.

"Okay....are you on your period then?"

"OH MY GOD, ALEX, NO!"

"Sorry! I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask..."