Jealous Much?

*Scarlette's POV*

I woke up in the morning snuggled up against Alex. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest against my head and I blinked open my eyes. Sunlight poured through the windows like yellow stained glass and I just wanted to stay there next to Alex forever. His breathing quickened a bit so I guess that meant he was waking up. I tilted my head up and was met by a pair of warm, chocolate brown eyes.

"Good morning." He said groggily.

"Good morning." I yawned.

"Happy belated birthday."

"Do you think everyone left my house last night?"

"Probably not."

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"Hey, Scar, could you go get my mail out of the mail box?

"Sure." I stood up and walked downstairs and to Alex's front door, where a few letters were laying on the floor just below the mail slot.

I picked up the envelopes and noticed that it was all junk mail except for one letter. I ran it upstairs to Alex and he opened it.

"It says that we've been invited to a class reunion." Alex says.

"Sounds like fun. When is it?"

"In three days."

"It's a little short notice, don't you think?" I asked.

"So?"

"I guess it's not a problem. Is there a dress code?"

"I'd just wear something casually fancy." Alex shrugged.

"Oh God, you sound like Avery!" I chuckled.

"Plot twist: I am actually Avery."

I smiled and shook my head.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Alex and I drove Avery, Jack, and Rian to our school reunion and once we pulled into the parking lot, I immediately got really nervous. I'm not sure why, considering there's nothing to be anxious about.

We parked and walked in. A sign on the door told us to head to the gym. We walked in and some people I recognized right away, others I didn't even know.

"Woah, Alex, is that you?" A guy came jogging up to us.

"Hey, man!" Alex exclaimed.

The only friend I had in high school was Avery, so I was pretty much out of place. Rian was talking to people, Jack and Avery were talking to people, and everyone knew Alex. I was just standing there silently. Nobody even noticed me and Alex didn't say anything to me. Since I was bored, I took a seat at one of the tables and pulled out my phone. I texted Zack because why not.

Me: "Hey, Zachary :P"

Zack: "Hi. Aren't you at a school reunion or something?"

Me: "yeah. But it's boring."

Zack: "you have avery and alex to talk to."

Me: "They're busy talking to people I don't know :/"

Zack: "oh."

Me: "Yup."

Zack: "I can pick you up?"

Me: "when?"

Zack: "now."

Me: "ok"