Coming Home To Chaos

{A/N: IMPORTANT: So there's a scene in this chapter where there's background music to fit the moment, so I'm going to attach a video to this chapter. I'll tell you when to start playing it!}

Several Months Later...

*Scarlette's POV*

After a year, the tour is finally over! Our last performance was conveniently in Baltimore, so Zack and Rian drove all of us home besides Hudson, Jesse, and Hey Monday.

Zack took a lot of pictures of Alex and me. I realized that most of the time, I didn't even know that Zack was even around, but every picture turned out amazing!

"Hey Scar?" Zack said before I got out of the car.

"Yeah?"

Zack handed me a dark yellow envelope labeled 'Tour Pics'. "About those pictures I took of you and Alex? Well, I thought you might want them."

"Thanks, Zack!" I took the envelope and jogged into my house, glad to be back home.

I went to my kitchen counter and opened up the envelope. Pictures poured out onto the marble countertop.

When we flew to France, I got my hair dyed there, the same colors as they were in high school: white and blue. I got the same hairstyle, too. To be honest, I think that's the only hairstyle that has actually suited me.

I browsed through the pictures. Zack had gotten a shot of Alex and I in Australia on the balcony staring out into the night sky. There was a picture of Alex and I holding hands in front of the Eiffel Tower, and many, many more.

As I stacked up the pictures to put them back in the envelope, I had an idea.

I ran upstairs and into my bedroom, running directly for my closet. What I was looking for was purposely buried underneath boxes and useless garbage.

After pretty much taking everything out of my closet, I found it. A scrapbook.

My mom had the idea to make it. When she died, my dad continued it until I graduated from high school. He gave it to me to continue, but I really didn't know what to do with it, so I just put it in my closet to forget about it. Well, now I know what to do with it.

I grabbed some glue, tape, and a pair of scissors. I slid the pack of Zack's pictures aside and opened up the scrapbook.

The first page was pictures of my mom. Her wavy brown hair was something that I never got to see. She didn't join the military until after I was born, but I don't remember her having long hair. She always had to cut it for the military. I shook my thoughts from my head and continued to the next few pages.

The rest seemed to be just me on my birthdays.

Scarlette, 1987 DOB

Scarlette, 1988 1st Birthday

Scarlette, 1989 2nd Birthday

Scarlette, 1990 3rd Birthday

Scarlette, 1991 4th Birthday

My mom's messy handwriting continued until my eighth birthday. Then, my dad's handwriting, which was just capital letters, began. But I think my dad took more of an advantage of this scrapbook. Yeah, he photographed me on my birthday, but he also took other pictures.

Scarlette's First Concert, May 29, 1999, PSINet Stadium

My ticket to that concert was attached to the picture. I remember that day... I know I only went to see Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Offspring, Blink-182, and Lit.