Jumping to Conclusions

*Scarlette's POV*

Jersey led me to his hotel room. I was super excited to see what he bought me!

He shoved his ID card into the door slot and unlocked the door. The room looked exactly like mine, but my balcony view was definitely better!

Jersey walked over to a suitcase and dug around in it and he eventually took out a box. He took off the cardboard lid and a beautiful diamond heart shape necklace lay perfectly on the velvet.

"Woah, it's beautiful! This must've cost you a lot of money!" I stared in amazement.

"Eh, not really..." Jersey looked off into the distance.

"Thanks for the necklace!" I smiled.

Jersey leaned in really close to my face.

"Hey, what are you--"

*Alex's POV*

I followed Jersey and Scarlette up to the hotel room. Something seemed pretty suspicious about all of this. When I saw them enter the room, they put something in front of it to keep it from closing completely.

I tip-toed toward the door and quietly and slowly opened it just enough to where I could see them.

Jersey was holding a heart-shaped necklace. It looked exactly like the one the Rian bought Cass...

"Hey, what are you--" Scarlette was interrupted.

I snapped out of my thoughts and took a huge bite of reality. Was Jersey kissing Scarlette?!

I'm so stupid! To think that she actually liked me more than a friend! I stormed away. This is complete bullshit. Scarlette deserves so much better! I made sure that the door slammed shut when I left.

*Scarlette's POV*

"Jersey! Stop!"

He was trying to kiss me! Excuuuse you!

"I'm sorry, but I don't like you like that!" I backed up a bit.

"What?"

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't want to be anything more than friends."

"WHAT?!"

Cassadee came dashing in.

"Hey have you seen my necklace? It's not in my bag!" Cassadee was searching frantically.

She turned around and saw Jersey holding the box.

"Hey, why do you have my necklace?" Cassadee raised an eyebrow, "was I interrupting something?"

"No! I was just leaving!" I said and got the hell out of there.

I have no idea what just happened. I wanted to find Alex as fast as I could! I don't think I feel comfortable around Jersey, anymore...

I took the elevator back down to the lobby, my heart was racing. I was genuinely scared. Avery and Jack came through the front doors.

"Hey, have you guys seen Alex anywhere?" I asked.

"Yeah, he just left. He looked pretty pissed." Jack said.

"Do you know where he went?"

"I think he said that he was going to Subway..."

I thanked them and walked out the automatic doors. I walked down the street and sure enough, there was a Subway.

I walked into the restaurant and saw Alex seated at a table by himself, chowing down on a Turkey Sub.