Chapter 18: Sorry for the delay

HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST ON A STICK I AM LATE!!!

The sound of metal hitting metal echoed through out the forest as Theresia's sword made contact with the sheathed form of Reid causing small burst of air every time the two made contact. Theresia van Astrea, the former sword saint and the one who had welcomed Regulus and his group to the mansion as well as given the directions to the dwelling of spirits alongside the ice spirit for Regulus to keep in exchange for a few days with Reinhard and a place to stay should the ever be overwhelmed by witch cult members and the mansion be compromised. 

For the first time ever, where Theresia was having the time of her life with a wide smile, Reinhard was struggling to keep up with his opponent. For the first time in his life he was having trouble finding openings and since both of them were masters of the Astrea family sword play albeit with different levels of experience in utilizing it, every time Reinhard went in to use any of the sword style's strikes they would be immediately countered and nullified by Theresia, he didn't even know that was possible!!

Reinhard: Saint!

Saint: No luck partner! There's no openings! I'd suggest another basic strike or something better but I doubt those will affect her much!! The best I can think of is stalling and exploiting any weakness that may appear!!

Reinhard: Can't I ask for any unique skills?!

He asked Dodging a sword strike from Theresia before attempting to strike her stomach only for her to jump up and land on the blade before back flipping backwards and landing on the trunk of a tree. She put some power in her feet and leaped of it towards Reinhard, seemingly flying.

Reinhard on the other hand held his ground and countered the sword strike poised at his chest with the flat side of his sheathed sword, causing her to be recoiled back the was she came from. 

Reinhard: this is totally different from sparring with Elsa...She is actively searching for weak points, Taking full advantage of them and going fully aggressive...

Saint: well what do you expect this is the previous Sword saint that simple fact is clear indication of her might don't you think? 

Reinhard:...

Theresia smiled once again, "I'd advice you not to talk to saint while you and your opponent are far apart from each other." She said before appearing right in front of him with the sword poised at his neck, as though to show her point, only for Reinhard to quickly block her and proceed to use one of his basic strike. Theresia however saw through the attack and quickly struck the sheathed sword at the base of the sword, some how canceling his attack.

"how the hell are you managing to do that?" Reinhard asked, Theresia gave him a smug smirk. "It is a technique that is know only to sword saints, or, more precisely former sword saint." She said, sheathing her sword, deeming the training complete, whether it was succesful or not however would depend on how Reinhard acts in the future.

"Its a nameless technique. A parting gift of sorts that every sword saints best friend, Unique skill Saint, give to all sword saints before passing on to the fated successor." She said as she made her way back to the mansion beckoning Reinhard to follow. "It's main purpose is to try and negated any and all attacks that a sword saint can dish out, so it wouldn't be far fetched to say that its made specifically for Sword saints and their most often used style of sword play, Astrean sword play."

Reinhard brought his hands to his chin as he processed what he had just been told. "but...why?" He asked with a genuinely confused tone. 

"Quite simple. Training" 

"!!!" Reinhard stopped in his tracks causing Theresia to do the same. She looked back and tilted her head, "Training?" Reinhard asked. Theresia nodded and made a motion to speak, however, before she could say anything a loud *Crack*, Similar to a glass or a pot shattering sounded through out the area.