Chapter 23: Paradox class Skills

Regulus/Yn Pov*

I dodged the White flames that engulfed where I was just a second ago. I didn't really have to dodge since I had greed but I couldn't give my trump cards away just yet.

Gospel said that both our attacks were outside the system. They may have spatial abilities. If that were the case then I would die without a doubt...

I need a bluff...

My body started to glow a purple light as I deactivated stillness of objects time and replaced it with Melancholy. The two monarchs raised an eye brow but neither asked about anything.

This was the difference between my fight and shounen fights where all you need is protagonist rights and power of friendship. My opponents weren't Idiots and neither was I. We didn't shout out our attack names and explained all our abilities. They didn't explain there own abilities and so they didn't expect me to say anything either.

The frost monarch materialised multiple ice golem around him that began to charge at me. I used melancholy and stopped most of them before using sloth to grab them and crush their bodies, finishing them off. Slowly the fire started to crawl around the now downed pile of golems instantly melting them all the fire all gathered at one point forming a flaming ball of light that blasted towards me. I dodged it as best as I could. It seemed to be a lot more hotter than before and I had no intention of testing how much heat melancholy's armor could stave off.

A wall of Ice appeared in front of me. I quickly jumped up to the top of the mini mountain and landed on the flat top of the wall before bolting down the ice and right in front of the Ice monarch. I punched him in the stomach with my fist reinforced in melancholy's aura causing him to fly multiple feet back. Slamming into the wall he called forth another 10 ice golems that charged at me again. Thankfully melancholy was more than enough this time. The golems were all quickly crushed. I landed on the ground only to recieve a punch righg in the guts by Baran.

His fists were encassed in white flames leaving serious 3rd degree burns on my midriff as I flew through the air. I quickly corrected myself and landed on the ground with a back flip. I clutched my midriff as I groaned in pain.

Regulus: What sorts of flames burn through a fucking armor of gravity..?

Gospel: They didn't burn through it. Rather the heat passed through and left a lasting impact.

The wounds weren't much of a concern. Thanks to lust I could regenerate from a beheading if I wanted. The problem was the pain that momentarily immobilized me.

Melancholy i love you...but I gotta bring the big gun now.

Regulus: Gospel...lion's heart. Now.

Gospel: sure lets- I need to ask permission to activate it ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Regulus: language. Heh.

Gospel: master you little piece of- okay lion's heart is on. Stillness of object time activated as well just in case.

The purple glow around my body stopped. Just as Baran charged at me with his sword.

He raised his sword and brought it down fully intent on killing me.

As it was about to come into contact with my skin though...

*clank*

It broke into two pieces. His eyes widened to the size of saucers, clearly shocked and that was all the opening I needed. I used lust and morphed my right arm into a large monstrous form before punching Baran. He attempted to block it only to fly back into the wall passing the shadow monarch.

I looked at him with a scowl. Not a good descision in hindsight, please be impressed by my lack of intimidation, but he was the reason these two were trying to win.

He told them that if they lost against me they'd have to serve me as my contracted spirits. Pretty sweet deal for me as I would be gaining the powers of Todoroki on a scale higher than his inteligence but the thing is, while they are still underestimating me and not using their full powers they were still trying to kill me each chance they got.

Gospel: the temperature's getting hotter...

Regulus: so?

I stood still as a mountain of Ice was thrown at me by the frost monarch. It stopped inches away from my skin before shattering completely.

Gospel: haha you are about to understand why Reinhard was considered strong enough to one day kill you.

Regulus: ...

Gospel: A paradox class ability.

Regulus: Paradox class?

Gospel: It is...a weird ability to say the least. It is an outside the system power but it can be gained through constant evolution of a skill in the system. For example: a manas. The only way to gain one though is to be so powerfull that it should be theoreticaly possible but logically inconcievable.

Regulus: So like Rimuru and Reinhard?

Gospel: Exactly. But heres the thing the monarchs are outside the system entities and so they don't require constant evolution rather they were each sort of but not really born with a paradox skill of their own and that is whats currently happening. Baran is exerting so much heat that its nearing the temperature of the surface of a sun. This is why paradox skill are basically cheat codes. This is also why they are called Paradox skills. It is theoretically possible for something the size of Baran to exert so much heat but logically? How could anyone even think of that?

Regulus: Thats extremely dangerous but why is that dangerous specifically for me?

Gospel: Paradox skills are automatically recognized as spatial abilities so stillness of an objects time or lions heart-

Regulus: Won't do jack shit against those flames....

I glared at another one of the ice mountains that came crashing down on me only for them to start melting before they even reached me...

Gospel: exactly...you could take on the sun and win but this guy? No chance right now.

Baran began some weird chant as the flames started to gather around his palm. He held it up in the air causing it to swirl up into a ball of white flames.

Regulus: Gospel...how hot do you think those flames are?

Gospel: I told you didn't I surface of the sun.

Baran smirked before throwing the mini sun at me. I closed my eyes. There was nothing that would save me at this point. As I closed my eyes I could feel my body dissapearing but couldn't really feel the pain. 'Guess It was instant...' I thought.

My mind went completely blank for a second before a single voice woke me up.

Gospel: good thing we have one of our own, huh?

Regulus: What do you...

My eyes widened, figuratively, because they were burned up all ready.

I gave A deadly smirk before speaking.

"As the three beings watched the white haired male slowly reapeared behind the demon who thought he had caused his demise..."

This was gonna be fun...
-------------------------
Yeah...I was gonna write a long ass chapter but...that was just such a perfect place to end a chapter!!! Also I found a way to bring Regulus to Rimuru Level Without neefing Rimuru.

So Cheers for that!!!

Plus this was a pretty fast update.

Anyway dear rare gems please review and vote if you wish to.

See ya next chapter!!!