❅ twenty-three

It was almost 10 pm and they already decided to take a rest today and spend the whole night tomorrow

Jihoon, Junkyu, Doyoung, and Jaehyuk were sleeping inside Asahi's room while Haruto, Yedam, Jeongwoo, and Asahi will be sleeping at the living room since they weren't able to sleep all in Asahi's room.

Yedam was helping the older japanese to set up the mattress on the floor when Asahi asked Jeongwoo and Haruto to carry the blankets and pillows he prepared from his room.

Jeongwoo immediately walked towards the pile of pillows beside his bed when Haruto saw him struggling to pick them all up at the same time since they keep on falling from his arms.

He sighed before gently pushing the younger on the side.

"Carry the blankets instead. I'll handle this" he coldly commanded. Jeongwoo just pouted before walking back where the blankets were lying.

Haruto saw how cute the younger was pouting and secretly smiled at himself before carrying the pile of pillows to the living room.

"What did we just witnessed?" Jihoon said in disbelief when he saw the japanese smiled after a small conversation between him and Jeongwoo.

"I told you, he'll end up with Jeongwoo" Junkyu replied before smirking.

"Lights out!" Jihoon shouted from Asahi's room signalling the four boys on the living room to sleep for now.

Doyoung stood from the bed beside Junkyu to turn off the lights and end his day with a good sleep.

It had been a tough day for them as a students for today that Jaehyuk's roommate drifted to sleep surprisingly just some couple minutes the rabbit hybrid turned off the lights.

He could even hear Jihoon snoring beside him but too bad for him that he was just having a staring contest with the ceiling and he couldn't even close his eyes because he wasn't sleepy at all.

He tried closing eyes but 5 seconds passed when he opened again his eyes. He couldn't sleep here, don't get him wrong, he likes being with Jihoon but it was just couldn't sleep and uncomfortable without the japanese near him. 

He was planning to get up the bed without making any noise that can wake up his roommates and slowly sneaked out from their room to see what was the japanese were doing right at this moment.

He saw the four boys were all knocked out. He was actually looking for his owner and found him at the edge without anyone on his other side.

The hybrid took the chance and tiptoed towards Asahi's other side to lay. He quietly laid on the floor staring at the japanese wide back.

He just realized that it was Friday and supposedly his cuddle day but couldn't get his hugs since his friends crashed on his place. It would be another reason for the olders to tease them both.

He was just about to get up when the japanese turned around to his direction. There was no any source of light but only the moonlight from outside was supporting them both but despite that he could still see the japanese's sparkling and beautiful eyes.

Asahi was also startled when he saw the older beside him staring at him lovingly like how he deserved the world.

Both of their hearts went crazy when their eyes connected to each other. Asahi doesn't know why his heart were pounding rapidly this past few days when he was just looking at the older. He shouldn't be feeling this way.

Asahi quietly cleared his throat before breaking the silence and whispered as soft as he can to not wake up his friends beside him. "What are you doing here?" He asked avoiding the older's eye contact with him.

"I can't sleep" Jaehyuk mumbled keeping his eyes on the japanese beside him.

"You should just close your eyes until you fell asleep" Asahi adviced. That was easy for him to say but for him that got used of his presence, it wasn't.

"I couldn't sleep without you" the older again admitted shamelessly.

"Idiot. Of course you can" that was the last words before silence conquered the atmosphere again.

"Are you mad?" Jaehyuk softly asked staring deep on Asahi's face.

"M—me? No. Why did you say so?"

"You are cold to me earlier. I thought you are still mad for showing up to your friends just like that without any warning" Asahi brought back his eyes again to the older.

He could see how sad he looks right now and he couldn't take it when looks down like this.

"I am not mad. I can assure you that" Asahi replied.

"I missed you" Jaehyuk suddenly spat out that almost made the japanese's heart jump.

"We are just laying beside each other"

"I want to hug you. I miss your hugs, they're warm and comfortable" Asahi just heaved a deep sigh.

He almost forgot that it was friday.

"Can we skip the cuddles today?" Asahi joked. Of course he doesn't want to do that.

He saw the older pouted and tried to get up to go back to his room when his hands automatically grabbed his wrist.

"I am just kidding" he softly took back his words before moving a bit so Jaehyuk could sleep on the mattress with him and don't suffer at the cold floor.

Jaehyuk saw his owner opened his arms wide. He smiled before snuggling to his owner's arms and hugged him tightly. He placed his head on the japanese's chest as he could really hear how his heart were beating in a fast pace.

He had been longing for this warmth ever since he firstly hugged the japanese when they met.

"Your heart were beating rapidly" Jaehyuk suddenly said.

"Of course because I am alive"

Lies, humans doesn't always have rapidly beating hearts. Abnormal heart beats can only cause several reasons.

It's either nervousness, tired from any exercises and lastly because of this thing.

What do we call this again?

Oh right

Love

to be continued..

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(Triple update for all of you! Thank you again)