Chapter 8

JUNGKOOK'S POV

In the soft white-gold light of the new day, I slowly wake up with a groan as I feel the sudden wave of pain from the side of my stomach.

I was pretty unsure of where I was as I tried to remember the last few scenes from last night's event before I passed out due to the pain of the bullet that hit me.

The only thing I could remember was when my father's guards chased us in the woods, and a giant wolf joined the scene.

I still wanted to try remembering everything that happened last night, but my head suddenly got a headache, making me stop thinking too deeply. Instead, I examined the room where I was out of boredom as I was a bit scared to go out as I still don't know anything about this place and if the people living here are friendly or harmful.

The room's wall was painted in pale gray eggshell paint, which gave it a softer atmosphere vibe that was quite feminine. The bedsheet and pillowcases were color white.

I tried to find some clues like picture frames in this bedroom in hopes of knowing the faces of the people who live here, but to my disappointment, there were none.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a handsome yet feminine man with a broad shoulder holding a food tray with a smile as he greeted me.

"Oh... you're awake already. Good morning Jungkook!"

"Uhm... good morning too, but can I ask who you are and how you knew my name?" I asked, trying not to sound rude as I didn't want to leave a wrong first impression on this man.

"Your friend Jimin told me last night while I treated his wounds, and my name is Seokjin, but you can call me Jin-Hyung."

"Okay, and thank you for Jin Hyung!" I said with a smile to him as I already felt that Jin-Hyung and I could be close friends based on his kindness to me.

"By the way, how's Jimin's condition?" I asked as I remembered how those guards beat him.

"Don't worry about him; he was now doing okay and just resting in the guest room," Jin -Hyung told me, which relieved me.

"Aish... good thing Taehyung immediately bought you here, or else you might have died from the loss of blood!" The name that was mentioned shocked me, as it has been a long time since I heard it.

"T-taehyung?"

"Yes, you don't know him?"

I shook my head as I didn't know who Taehyung was talking about.

"Taehyung, Kim Taehyung is our Alpha leader here. I thought that you already knew each other since he was full of worry about your condition last night."

Could that be...

The memories from last night's event suddenly flash through my mind.

"It's him! it's Taehyung, Jungkook," My wolf informed me, and I gave a faint smile as I relaxed my body on the ground

I Know kookie; I know he'd find us no matter what."

A delightful smile had appeared on my face. "Can I know where he is?" I asked as I stepped out of the duvet without minding the pain in my stomach.

All I wanted now was to see him.

"Uhm... He's in his office room, on the third floor. It's the only room in there."

"Thanks, Jin-Hyung!"

TIME SKIPS

As I reached the third floor of this house, I saw a massive wooden door which I assumed to be his office.

I slowly went towards it and knocked on the door 2 times.

" Who is it?"

I did not answer for a while as I gained the courage to speak to him. It has been a long time since I heard his voice.

"Uhm... It's me. Jungkook"

"Come in"

I slowly opened the door and saw him on his office chair, looking so busy reading and signing the papers on his table to the point that he did not even spare a glance at me, which made me pout.

"What do you want?" He asked coldly, still being focused on the papers.

"Uhm... I'm just here to thank you for saving my friend Jimin and me Last night."

"Is that all?"

"Y-yes"

"Then get out of here, and I'm still busy. You and your friend can leave the packhouse whenever you want," He coldly said, making my cute pout into a sad expression.

Why is he so rude? Is he not happy to see me? Does he not want me anymore?

There were so many questions that I wanted to ask, but I was too afraid of what he was going to answer to my questions.

But I still want to know why he's acting like this. I took a deep breath before asking him in my shaky voice.

"W-why?"

He turned his attention to me because of the sudden question, "What do you mean why?" I examined his expression; there was no hint of happiness in his eyes for seeing me, which made me sadder.

"A-aren't you happy to me... again?" By this time, a drop of tear had escaped from my eyes

"Tsk. Do you think everything would be so easy to be back after what you did to me in the past?! You easily gave up what we had. You did not even fight for what we had!!! so how foolish can you get to think that I would easily forgive you?!!" He screamed at me, which made me cry more.

I hurriedly left the room as I could not take his hurtful words toward me.

Maybe it was my fault...

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO, TAEHYUNG?! NOW LOOK, HE'S NOW RUNNING AWAY FROM US, AND YOU EVEN MADE HIM CRY!!! " V yelled to me angrily as he could not withstand my attitude toward Jungkook.

"He deserves it, V. We got hurt because of what he did in the past."

"HE'S STILL OUR MATE!"

"He is not our mate anymore, V," I said in irritation as I could focus on my work because of my wolf.

"You're an idiot, Tae. What's the point of saving him when you're just going to hurt his feelings? Tsk, such an idiot person to the point that I feel sorry for how much of an idiot you are."

"SHUT UP, V!!!"

"You're making wrong decisions for your life, Tae tsk tsk."

because of annoyance, I shut down our mind link, so I do not be disturbed by my annoying wolf as I tried to focus on the papers I still needed to sign. But I failed to do so as I was so deep in my thoughts.

Do I really not want him in my life anymore?