Chapter 30

EARLIER

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"Suho's pack members had suggested for Byun Baekhyun to replace Suho as their pack leader since the other officials of his pack were not suitable for the position after our investigative group found pieces of evidence of them linking to be part of Suho's corruption. They are just waiting for the committee's approval." One of the members of the committee said as we discussed Suho's case and what's going to happen on his pack. 

"It's their pack so let's just approved their decision. It's not like it will affect us"  An old alpha who looks like a  disgusting pig replied while yawning loudly as he continued to read his explicit magazine which made the other Alpha leader's in the meeting room sigh in frustration at his discourteousness.  

His lack of cooperation and discourteous behavior made my blood boil in anger as I throw my book planner on his face to get his attention away from his disgusting fucking magazine. "WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN BRING SUCH SHITTY MAGAZINE LIKE THAT DURING MEETING?!! LEAVE THIS ROOM NOW BEFORE I STABBED YOU TO  DEATH!!!" 

"Sir I'm... I'm so sorry it won't happen again" He kneeled down on the floor in forgiveness but I just walk towards him and kicked him in the face before stating that he's now removed from the committee. After all, he has already violated many rules as a member of the committee. The only reason why he was not immediately removed was because of his great contribution to the committee in the past. 

The guards outside the meeting room entered and drag him away after hearing the commotion. The room was silent for a while but everything came back to normal after my brother, Namjoon who is the leader of the committee instructed us to sit back on our respective seats to continue the meeting. 

I sit back in my seat while straightening my suit as it's my turn to speak "I don't agree to their decision even if it's their pack that we're talking about. Baekhyun is indeed a nice and friendly man but I don't think that he's suitable for the position. The fact that he didn't know anything about Suho's illegal doings even though he was always with Suho since he was his secretary says a lot about how dumb he was to not notice anything. Plus he acted like a scaredy-cat back when he and Suho visited my pack" I stated and some of the pack members nod their heads in agreement while the others just stayed silent. 

"I agree to Taehyung. Baehyung might be friendly and responsible towards his pack but I do not think that he is brave and smart enough to protect and rule the said pack" Namjoon spoke in agreement. 

"It's time to make a decision, please raise your hand if you agree for Mr. Byun Baekhyun to be the new leader of the night shadow pack and just stay your hands down if you disagree" Namjoon instructed, and there were only three of them who raises their hand among the 20 leaders. 

"It's clear now. Please send a letter to the night shadow pack that the committee had declined their decision for Mr. Byun Baekhyun to be their new Leader, and make sure to write the reasons why we had declined their request. Advice them to suggest a new one who seems to fit for the position" Namjoon instructed his secretary before announcing to everyone that the meeting is now finished. 

"So how are you and Jungkook? " Namjoon asked with a teasing smile after everyone had left the meeting room. 

"We're doing great. We sometimes fight over stupid things but that is normal for couples and I'm happy that our fights don't last a day. I can't really describe how great it was to be with him but I always felt euphoric whenever I see him" I answered my brother with a loving smile as the image of Jungkook smiling come across my mind. 

"Damn, I'm happy for you but I should go home now before Jin gets angry and throw a frying fan on my face. Visit us whenever all of you are free" Namjoon said as he bid goodbye to me and I just smiled at him. 

I opened my phone after Namjoon left the meeting room to message Jungkook but I was shocked to see so many missed calls and text messages from Lisa. My phone's notification was muted since I don't want to be disturbed during the meeting that is why I did not notice her calls and messages. I did not bother to see her messages and as I just decided to call her straight away. 

"Hello-" I was immediately cut off Before I could have a chance to ask her why she had called me so many times as she started speaking while stuttering a few words

"T-taehyung... J-Jungkook is m-missing"  I was dazed for a while as I tried to process what she had just said. 

"W-what?" I replied in a soft tone feeling scared and nervous for her next words as I hoped that what I just heard was wrong. 

"Taehyung I'm s-sorry it just tha-"

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN HE'S MISSING?!!" I shouted angrily through the phone call but she just started crying along with Jimin which made me sigh in both frustration and annoyance as I tried to calm myself down.

"Where are you now?" 

"At your pack" That was the only thing that she had replied before I ended the phone call as I hastily got out of the building and run towards my car to drive back home. 

I was gripping the steering wheel so hard as I drive fast not caring if I have reached the speed limit as all of I can think right now was about Jungkook. My heart was pulsing rapidly as if it wants to break free out of my chest but I tried to act calm even if I was now ranging in anger and nervousness. 

For the first time, I felt scared... but not for me but for Jungkook. 

I couldn't take being away from him again... Jungkook had suffered so many things in his life because I have given up on him before and I don't want to repeat the same mistake that I did in the past. 

I want to build a happy and loving family together with him. 

I want to make him feel happy and loved.

I want to be there in his ups and downs. 

I want to be with him forever until the last moments of my life. 

So I won't ever let myself do the same mistake in the past. No matter where he is, I will find and save him. I will never give up on him again.