Chapter 39

" Well, we also just found out about my pregnancy this morning, hehe," Jungkook shyly said to everyone. 

"Really?? We're very happy for you, Luna!" One of their pack members said as everyone cheered for the couple and their soon-to-be-born child.

The couple couldn't help but smile at each other as they both felt overwhelmed with the support their pack members were showing them. The whole pack was full of joy, and everything felt so suitable for the two of them as if this had been the perfect moment they shared. It's not just because of the support that they have, but it is also because of the thought of what kind of future awaits them as they are about to welcome a new member of the family.

The welcoming party for Jungkook soon ended as others started leaving and returning to their houses while others stayed to clean up. 

Jungkook, on the other hand, had already fallen asleep hours ago while leaning on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung tried to wake him up to move to their bedroom gently, but to no avail; Jungkook unconsciously hugged him and continued to snore. 

Taehyung let out a silent chuckle and just gave up on waking the younger. Instead, he carefully and slowly picks him up in bridal style as he makes his way to their bedroom at the main house while carrying his adorable bunny. 

After entering their bedroom, Taehyung gently lays Jungkook on their bed as he covers him with a thick blanket. And soon, he joined the younger in the bed. It's already 10:35 at night as he looks at the clock on their bedside table, yet his eyes are still not sleepy, so he spends his time watching and gently caressing the Jungkook's hair until he falls asleep.

Out of the blue, he chuckled as he remembered what Jungkook said to him in the hospital.

"We... we can do it tonight if you want."

 "Aigoo, he said that we can do it tonight, yet he sleeps early without waiting for me?? Gosh, Kim Jungkook, you are unbelievable," He said jokingly frustratedly.

"Kim Jungkook..." He repeated saying the name, and a smile appeared on his lips. "That sounds pleasing to say, bun." 

He was about to continue caressing Jungkook's hair, but he stopped after hearing his mate whimper in his sleep. 

"P-please don't... T-tae, I'm s-scared..." 

His bunny is having a nightmare... 

it's probably because of the trauma he experienced with his bitchy father after being captured.

"Shhh... bunny, it's just a nightmare. Don't worry, Your Taetae is here to protect you," He said as he pulled the younger and embraced him tightly as he let Jungkook scent him so he would calm down. 

The younger didn't hesitate to hug back Taehyung as he cried out all his worries. Taehyung just let him know that his bunny is still having a hard time and continuously patted Jungkook's back while telling him sweet words to comfort him.

4 WEEKS LATER

"Is Tae still not here?" 

"Don't worry, Jungkook-ah, Taehyung said that he's on the way,"  Jimin said to his best friend as he tried to comfort him.

"You told me that 30 minutes ago!" Jungkook shouted with a pout on his lips as he was having enough of his friends and Taehyung's excuses. 

"Aigoo~ calm down, Gguk, we have all the time. Let's wait for a bit more, yeah?" Lisa said after Jimin failed in comforting the younger one who was about to burst out.

"But he's always like this! He always prioritizes work rather than me. Doesn't he love me anymore?" 

"Omo, don't say something like that, Gguk; how about we wait inside my office? It's a lot better and more comfortable in there. I promise you, Taehyung is already coming." 

"M'kay," Jungkook agreed with a pout on his face. 

It has always been like this in the last two weeks, Taehyung being busy with work, coming home late, and not having enough time for his Ggukie. At first, Jungkook was okay with it and just stayed silent, trying to be the most understanding mate.

But today... 

Today is a special day for both of them, and he won't let Taehyung's work interfere with it.

Today is when they can finally know the gender of their baby, and Jungkook was excited for this moment to come, so you couldn't blame Jungkook for being mad that Taehyung was already 30 minutes late. Good thing Dr. Lisa didn't have any scheduled appointments this afternoon, so she offered to wait for Taehyung since she knew that Jungkook wouldn't like it if he won't see his baby together with Taehyung. 

Minutes later, the door to Lisa's office opened, revealing a sweating Taehyung who looked like he had run for an hour to get to the hospital.

He immediately went to Jungkook, who was already lying in the hospital bed with gel on his tummy. 

"I'm sorry, Bun, it's just that work-"

"Enough with excuses, Tae; just come here so we can already know the gender of our baby." Taehyung did not utter a word anymore; instead, he smiled at his mate with an apologizing look for being late. 

He went towards him and sat on a chair he spotted beside Jungkook as he held his omega's hand. 

Minutes later, after Lisa had finished preparing the machine and finding the baby in Jungkooks' Tummy, she shouted in excitement after spotting the baby.

Babies...

"OH, look! It's a twin!" Lisa said with joy.

Jungkook smiled as he and Taehyung looked at the monitor to see their twins. Jungkook cried out of joy with Taehyung, who held his hands tightly but not so tight that it would hurt.

"They look healthy, and both of them are boys. Do you want me to print some photos? Lisa asked the couple, and before Jungkook could answer it, Taehyung already did with a smile.

"Yes, please"

After that, Jimin, who accompanied Jungkook to the hospital, bid goodbye to the couple after receiving a call from his mates. 

"So Uhm... what do you wanna eat, love?" Taehyung asked Jungkook to break the awkward silence in the car. 

"I'm not hungry," Jungkook dryly replied, not wanting to talk to Taehyung as he is still mad at him.

"C'mon, babe, I'm sorry. I promise that this will be the last time. I have already finished all of my papers works so that I can have a leave. In that way, I can take of you more. Can you please forgive your Taetae now?" Taehyung asked with pleading puppy eyes, knowing Jungkook would never resist it. 

"I want some ramen and samgyup" Jungkook said with a pout, still trying to ignore Taehyung.

"Aigoo~ does that mean that my baby forgives me now?"

"Fine, I forgive you. But please don't do it again. I was scared that you wouldn't make it to the appointment." 

"Okay, I promise. Now, Can my baby give me a peck? Taehyung said while pointing to his left cheek. 

Jungkook moved from his chair a bit to reach Taehyung and give him a peck on his cheek, but he was caught off guard when Taehyung suddenly moved and stole a kiss on his lips. 

"Yah! stop stealing a kiss from me when you can just ask for it," Jungkook said while furiously blushing as he jokingly slapped Taehyung's arm. 

"Sorry, babe, I just love making you flustered," Taehyung said with a smile as he started the engine of his car to drive and find a restaurant where he and his bunny could eat.

"Let's go to the park and take a walk after eating, okay?" 

"Sure!" Jungkook agreed. 

This is a start for something new, an opening to create new and happy memories together.