draco malfoy { ii

⤷ harry potter 
requested ⤶

( this is wayyyy longer than normal, just as a warning )

𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 being a pureblood and childhood friends with Draco, and you're set to receive the dark mark, against your will, with the young Malfoy

"Draco, please, we don't have to do this. It's not the right thing to do!"

"Yes, we do. They- they told me they'd hurt you if I didn't. And I can't let that happen."

"That's what they told me too!! But what if... what if we just ran away?" He looks at you, his face set, but there's a swimming sadness in his eyes.

"You and I both know that can't happen."

━━━━

"Well done, Draco." Bellatrix says to Draco, leaning over his shoulder, her voice husky and closer to a laugh than to proper speaking. You watch, your dark mark burning your arm, and your head spinning. Draco's wand is pointed, shaking, at the bespectacled headmaster. You never liked him, but you didn't ever want him to die! Draco's heartbroken face tears you to pieces, but you know there's nothing you can do. Just when you think everything is lost, Professor Snape leaps in and says the words Draco was afraid to say.

"Avada Kedavra!!" He shouts, his presence commanding attention as Dumbledore falls from grace, literally. You look up from following his body with your eyes to a seething Bellatrix. She's upset Draco failed and that Snape had to do the job for him.

"Draco!!" You shout, scrambling backwards, as Bellatrix aims her wand tip towards you, loosely hanging from her wrist like the loose, maniacal smile on her face.

"(Y/n)!!!" He shouts back, noticing Bellatrix, the panic evident in his face.

"Do you trust me?!" He yells from across the astronomy tower.

"Yes!!" You say, your voice desperate.

"Jump!!"

"Are you crazy!?"

"Yes!!" He shouts and jumps off the tower. Looking at Bellatrix's wand you consider your options, but end up jumping. You land on the ground softly, settling almost like a feather. Draco gestures to you, beckoning you to follow.

"We have to run, we have to get enough distance between us and them!" You don't even think about it, but your legs start propelling you towards the slytherin.

━━━━

You made it to the forest, and it's dark and wet and scary. Despite all that, you're safe. And the death eaters aren't stupid enough to try and follow you.

"(Y/n)?"

"Yeah, Draco?"

"I've been waiting a while to tell you this, but it never felt like the right time...." He takes a breath, and awkwardly shifts his hand to touch yours.

"I really like you. As more than a friend. And I know we can't exactly go on 'dates', and I've known you my whole life so I was wondering if we could skip that part. Will you date me?"

"Like actual dating? Like holding hands, and cuddling and... kissing?" Draco places a delicate and shy kiss on your lips, a kiss that doesn't exactly reflect him, so you know he means it.

"Does that answer your question?" You nod and kiss him back.

"And I hope that answers yours."