gwaine

⤷ merlin

𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 Gwaine hearing you were killed by Morgana

The meeting just finished, and the knights are heading out of the room. Gwaine's about to leave when Arthur calls his name.

"Gwaine, wait here." He turns around, and smiles goofily.

"My lord, how can I help?" Arthur's face is somber, and slowly Gwaine's smile fades.

"I have to tell you something, but I need you to promise you won't let it cloud your judgement in any way." Gwaine nods his head, his posture starting to stiffen.

"Of course."

"Gwaine, (y/n), well- they're dead. They were taken hostage last night, and we went after them without you. They- Morgana was using them as leverage but she killed them. I didn't want you to have to see it, and I know you would have been reckless. I couldn't lose my knight." Arthur swallows.

"I'm so sorry Gwaine." He furrows his eyebrows, his soul crumbling. You are- were his everything. You were why he stayed, why he agreed to be a knight. This isn't- right.

"You're completely sure they're- they're really?"
"I wouldn't lie to you. I wish it wasn't true."

"If I had been there I could've saved them! You should've told me!"  Gwaine's voice is loud, filled with bitter anger, biting with grief. Arthur steps forward.

"I did what was right, there's nothing you could've done." Gwaine bites his lip, tears edging his eyes. He turns away, and walks out of the door. You are the love of his life, and he refuses to believe you're truly gone... you mean too much to him. But when he returns to his room, Merlin's waiting. His expression is filled with nearly as much grief as Gwaine's, and that's when he knows it's true. 

━━━━

( i apologize for being a jerk but I missed merlin n this was a good gif for sad )