daisy johnson { iii

⤷ agents of shield 

𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 Daisy finally admitting to herself that you're gone

 ︾

Daisy stands in the middle of the Zephyr garage, a note you wrote to her in her trembling hand. You loved to be in the garage, surrounded by the vehicles, after all, it was the most open part of the big ship. She looks to the side, breathing, trying to keep from crying. She knows it isn't her fault you died, she wasn't even there when it happened. But she can't help but blame herself, if only she had been there, if only she had tried harder, if only she had known. She collapses to the ground, finally allowing the tears to fall.

"Please, (y/n), just come back to me!!" She buries her head in her knees, sobbing. Her snot ends up all over her knees, but she barely notices.

"Why did you love this place so much?" She whispers, her heartbreak coming out in her faltering voice.

"I suppose it was because you liked to be free... well you're free now." She laughs then, feeling a pain in her chest. Shaking her head, she stands up again.

"You're never coming back, are you?" She says to the ceiling, not really expecting a response but hoping for it anyways.

"No, I guess you never will." She opens the note, reads it for the thousandth time, and holds it tightly in her sweaty hands.

"You're never coming back, but I'll never forget you, I promise."