peter parker { iii

⤷ mcu

𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄 peter was getting too involved in his superhero job

You were upset because Peter barely had time to spend with you anymore. He was constantly out patrolling, and of course you supported him but a relationship takes work. If he couldn't put in that work, there was going to be- well, it would fall apart with or without encouragement. You planned to break up with him today, it was the least you could do to communicate it wasn't working. You're in high school, your thought process was you have no obligation to make it work. You knock on the door to his apartment, and he opens it in his spidey suit.
"No May?" He nods.
"Not today. I gotta head out soon, what did you need to talk about." You bite your lip. Of course you like him, a lot, almost- almost love him, but this- you have to do this. Sitting down, you start to explain.

"Peter, I-" But your eyes start to water, and your throat closes up and you know you can't speak without a shaking voice. So you stop speaking. He takes your hand.
"I know I've been busy a lot, but- I just- I want you to know that I really, really- I care about us a lot, okay? I want us to work, you know? Just- if you feel anything at all, just let me know. Don't feel like you can't." He keeps holding your hand, rubbing circles on one of your knuckles. You blink out your tears and swallow.

"I want us to- to work too, but I- you know- I can't be with someone if they're not- well, if they're not there." He closes his eyes for a second.

"You know, you're right. I- I'll make it up to you, how about I spend the rest of today with you?"
"Well, I gotta do homework." He nods thoughtfully.

"We can do that too." Suddenly his phone rings.
"If you have to take that-" He pulls it out, holds it up, and hangs up in front of you.
"No. I'm going to spend time with you." He kisses you on the forehead, and starts towards his bedroom.

"I gotta change first though." You laugh and nod.
"Of course."