2.6

✴️▫️✳️🔹✴️

Day 17

Back home...

~Third person POV ~

     The whole country was in a state of mourning. Fans, both near and abroad were sending their condolences and prayers.

     The topic of the accident was a trending hashtag on all social networks all over the globe.

     Every creature living under rocks, in the sea and between every crack and crevice;in every corner was already aware of this situation.

     In an enclosed community, the same man from the airport was on a phone call from the comfort of his office...

     One could see the huge bags underneath his eyes.

     He looked unkempt and disconnected from the world around him.

     "What do you mean by that!?" He growled into his phone as he pulled his hair in frustration.

     A reply was faintly sent back which obviously made him even angrier.

     "What am I paying you to do then?!" He asked throwing his hand in the air.

     " I want that footage first thing tomorrow or so help me God, you will be the next face plastered all over the news! "

     In anger, he tossed the phone at the wall causing it to shatter.

     Fingering a charmed bracelet on his right wrist, he picked up another phone from his desk drawer and dialed another number.

                              ~

~ Forrest's POV~

     "I told you I saw someone!" Victoria cheered in happiness.

     " No, you said you saw something lurking in the bushes." Sarah replied, rolling her eyes.

     Her ankle had finally healed, so, she didn't need the crutches any longer.

     "Whatever." Victoria murmured as she continued to follow the trail of footprints.

     "How come I never noticed this?"

     "What if they saw me that day? "

     " Forrest? Come on. I think we are getting closer to the beach." Sarah smiled at me.

     Nodding absent mindedly, I increased my pace.

     "Would she ever smile at me again if she knew what I did? "

     " She mustn't find out! No one should find out! " I concluded, watching both girls racing towards the beach.