Growing Fond

I lay in my bed that night, wondering if I really was going insane. Everyone that's happened until now seems like something from a story book. A tale you tell little kids so they'll fear what's in the darkness but feel safe because there's an angel watching over them. I felt unusually calm tonight, it was so peaceful tonight. I didn't have my guard up or any of that. The only thing running through my mind was Laila, why couldn't I touch her but somehow she was able to touch me? Why couldn't I touch her wings but somehow I could touch the feathers as they fell? Is she that delicate in her angel form? I wonder what kind of fate awaits me....

Will I be consumed by the darkness or will I be freed by the light?

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・💀・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*💀*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・💀・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*💀

At school, I referred to Laila as Minah but when we were alone I was free to call her Laila. I wanted to ask her so many things but I didn't know where to start. We went to the rooftop to eat our lunch, I leaned against the wall and looked up at the sky.

"Taehyung, you've been really quiet today. More than usual..." Laila said.

"Yeah...I guess I have." I said in a bored tone.

I sighed.

"Is something bothering you?" She asked.

"Laila...That thing hasn't came ever since you showed me your true form." I said. "Is it planning something?"

"I haven't sensed anything, I've even searched the perimeters at night and nothing. To be honest all I can say is keep your guard up but don't worry...I'll be with you" she smiled slightly.

I looked at her.

"Come eat with me" she smiled.

I went to sit next to her. She always brought lunch for the both of us and I didn't really get why, it's not like she has to feed me. My mother always packs my lunch so it's not like I'm starving myself. She's much more kinder to me now as well, it's like ever since she revealed her true self to me the tension went away thus making her more calm and comfortable around me. Regardless, I think it's odd that we hardly ever argue.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

I can't even tell what this is...it's burnt. I picked it up with the chopsticks and put it in my mouth. The bitter taste of the burnt ashiness of this...thing made my eyes water but when I looked at her the expression she had was like a hopeful one. Well, I guess I should...I have to keep her happy if I hurt her feelings she might leave me then I'll be done for. At least with her by my side nothing bad can happen to me.

"It's okay." I said as I grabbed another piece of the burnt food she had brought. "It's better than last time. You've improved from black to gray and ashy"

"Gray....and.....Ashy?" She looked at me, her eyes filled with sorrow.

Oh. I guess that wasn't the best compliment to give her....

"It's good though." I said "Can I pick a food and maybe you could cook it for me?"

She began to smile. "Yes! What would you like me to make you?"

"Kimbap" I said.

No cooking required there.

"Kimbap?" She asked.

"Yeah. It's like sushi but different" I said.

"Sushi?"

Oh brother...

"It's...I'll just show you how to make it" I said.

"Sorry, I'm not an expert on human food." She said. "I just put whatever I find in the food I cook honestly."