The Beginnings Of Friendship

I kept my eyes wide open, it's been 7 days without closing my eyes. The days went by like normal, Minah was okay. Myungdae was alive...I don't get it. So was it really me? Am I the actual reason why they died in the first place?

"Tae~"

Hmm?

I looked at Minah. She hooked her arm with mine.

"Why the long face?" She smiled.

"It's nothing. I was just thinking that's all" I said as I smiled at her.

"Where ya headed to?" She asked.

"Um. Home, what about you?" I asked.

"Have you been getting sleep? You look really tired" she said.

I stayed quiet. I'm gonna sound crazy if I tell her why I'm not able to sleep...

"Babe." She said.

"I'm fine" I said.

"No you're not. I know you like the back of my hand Tae, you can't lie to me. What's bothering you?" She asked.

"I promise it's nothing. I just haven't been able to sleep." I said.

"Do you have insomnia?" She asked.

"Maybe."

But the truth is, I'd rather die than you...I can't afford to sleep. If I do I'll never see you again.

"You wanna go to the doctor? We can go and maybe he'll tell you what's wrong" she said. "Come on"

"No. I'll be fine." I said.

"But Taehyung your health is important. I'm taking you"

"Minah. I said no, I'm fine okay? I'll just drink some tea. I'll be fine." I said.

"Okay..."

I sighed. "Minah, don't get upset. I can't stand to see you sad, I promise if I can't sleep then I'll let you take me to the doctor okay?"

She smiled. "Promise?"

I nodded.

She kissed me on the cheek. My heart fluttered. Little things like this meant so little when she was alive, like I didn't embrace it enough. But now every second with her makes me realize how lucky I was to have her. I still don't know if this is all real but what's important is that I'm here with her now.

I kissed her on the cheek. "I love you."

She began to blush. "I...I love you too"

I held her hand. "You wanna go somewhere? I think I'll go home later"

"Really?" She said happily. "Um, okay let's go to the movies"

Movies? It's dark in there...I'll fall asleep.

"Mm, but what if I fall asleep?" I asked.

"Hmm. What about the park? Let's get some ice cream and go sit on the grass." She said.

I smiled. She's so cute, looking at her like this almost feels nostalgic.

"Yeah. Let's go" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat under a tree and ate out ice cream. She talked and talked about school, her family and also her future plans. I didn't mind listening, she meant everything to me. Even though I've heard this talk before. Its déjà vu, she gave me this talk before we went to the party. We came to the park because I didn't want to go to the movies...but how? The party was 7 days ago. I haven't fallen asleep, I've been awake this whole entire time...What's going on?