Ending The Battle

-Gabriel POV-

Up until now, I always thought Taehyung was a good for nothing abomination. I never trusted him, even now I have a little doubt about whether or not he's just going to join Jezebel. Yet again, if he was I think he wouldn't had fought so hard in these past battles. I can't help but wonder why it was him who was chosen. Then again, who am I to question such things, Since the beginning he was targeted by Jezebel, she was looking for a human vessel that she could pair with then she somehow discovered Taehyung's existence.

Laila was in charge of watching over him, she was a fool. Promising that human that she'd protect him. We aren't supposed to even allow the human to remember things of their past life for long, as soon as they are within the gates they are to be judged then their memory is completely wiped, because in heaven there is no sorrow or pain. Nothing negative exists...But Laila, she was such a fool.

She's a fallen angel now and we're in this big mess, she won't ever be able to return home. She threw all that away for a nephilim...Just the thought of her having a child with him is enough to make me queasy. She was careless, falling in love with him as if she were some weakling.

When I was sent to kill him, she had already given up her grace...I was too late. I almost had him but Michael stopped me, I never understood why he defended him so much, along the way all I could think about was a way to kill him until I realized he didn't ask to be this, Uriel was to blame for his existence. Yet Uriel was still one of us...

I wasn't sure how this was allowed, but when Michael and I went back to heaven it was clear to me. Taehyung was like a secret weapon, not only was he a nephilim, he was graced with Laila's power. Without any effort at all he was-

Astaroth: Don't go getting distracted now.

!

" Astaroth, Don't get all cocky. I've always been stronger than you" I said as I pushed him away.

Astaroth: Hmph. You were always the favorite.

"Favorite? You're the one who was brain washed." I smirked. "Getting sweet talked into going against our creator. What a joke you are, now you have to spend all of eternity here!"

There was a big booming sound when our swords hit. A big spark formed, it was so bright and almost blinding.

Astaroth: Which is why I'm going to make sure that this is the place you die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astaroth wasn't always so could and bitter. He was the happiest angel I knew, always soaring through the never ending skies of heaven. His voice was sweet and he was always the kindest of the rest of us. He wasn't a warrior but when he was needed he was always willing to do his best. Then luicfer tricked him...

I tried my best to snap him out of it but there was nothing I could do anymore. His mind and heart had been tainted, his sweet personality had turned sour and his kindness went away, there was only cruelty. It's decades since I last saw him but I can see that he's been kept in tact, he still looks like an angel. His beauty hadn't been affected at all by this place but his heart is as cold as ice. He shows no emotions but I can sense a hint of regret...

The day they were all banished, he begged me to help him. As he fell from heaven to this hell pit he called out for me and kept saying he was sorry but it was too late he had already done the damage. He chose to side with Lucifer, I lost a very dear friend that day and now I need to fight with him even if it hurts there's no possible way around this. Either I kill him or I die trying. The rules of our immortality don't apply here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Taehyung POV-

Jezebel was strong, my sword didn't seem to have any affect on her. I was already breaking a sweat, she didn't even let me regain myself. She just attacked over and over and over and over again. I managed to hurt her twice but she healed again. She was like new in a matter of seconds.