1st Day

The sound of the alarm ringing was deafening. I'm really dreading this day, the first day of school. I shut the alarm off and lay in bed for a few seconds wondering if I should just stay home. Minah, what am I going to do? I'm scared...

I closed my eyes and Minah's face was all I saw.

Minah....

I could see her smiling and a warm feeling took over me. A wonderful sensation. I took a deep breath.

'Taehyung, do your best today'

I opened my eyes.

I was a bit startled at the sound of her voice. I couldn't help but look around just to be sure I was still alone.

"Minah..."

There was knocking at my door.

"Taehyung! Time to get up."

I groaned.

"I'm up already...geez..." I said.

"Open up. I have your uniform ready for you~ you're going to look so handsome. The uniforms are so cute"

I sighed and opened the door.

"Taehyung at least look excited."

I cheesed sarcastically.

My mother sighed and tapped her foot.

"Thanks for the uniform, I'll be out in a bit" I said as I grabbed the uniform and closed the door.

I stared at it. What is this? Grey slacks. White buttoned up shirt? Red Vest? Cardigan? Well I assume I can wear either the vest or cardigan. It wasn't bad a bad looking uniform I guess. At least I get to wear whatever shoes I want. I grabbed my towel and went to go shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked to school I avoided any human contact. After open house I'm sure everyone knows about Minah and I. About her death and how it happened. Everyone has their own version by now I suppose. I know these next two years of high school won't be easy, especially since the love of my life isn't here...

'Taehyung, always do your best Kay?'

My eyes widened. I looked beside me and there was no one, I think those pills are starting to get to me. I should lay off for a while...or will it get worse if I do that?

'I believe in you Taehyung'

Minah....

-Flashback-

"Taehyung, you'll do great. You're really smart, I know you can do it! HWAITING!" She cheered.

I smiled and held her hand. "I'll do my best"

"Promise?" She asked.

I nodded. "I promise."

"Always do your best Taehyung. Whether I'm at school or not, always do your best." She smiled at me. "I believe in you."

"I can't imagine being at school without you now. It's weird. I feel empty and incomplete without you Minah. You're the reason I like school so much, getting to see your beautiful face every morning and walking together like this makes me happy..." I squeezed her hand and felt my face changing color.

"Oppa?"

We stopped walking. Even though I was certain my face was red I looked at her. Her eyes examined my expression and she giggled.

"Wh-What?" I asked.

"Saranghae Taehyung Oppa" she grinned and did some aegyo.

So cute...